• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do with the MSA (Mediated Settlement Agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craig1023

What is the name of your state? Texas

We completed mediation last week and received our copies of the mediated settlement agreement via e-mail this afternoon. I'm the respondent in the case.

My understanding is that the MSA content is drafted into a decree - my question is, doesn't the MSA need to be submitted to the court?

If it's not submitted to the court...how would the judge know mediation took place...they'd just see a standard decree.....unless the decree somehow makes reference to mediation perhaps?

A little confused - and of course, since I'm not driving the divorce bus not sure what's going on. I do know that the MSA was not submitted to the court and she has no plans to do so. Would there be any reason NOT to submit the copy of the MSA to the court for filing?

Thanks

adjusterjack

Sorry, your question involves way too much speculation. I suggest you consult a divorce attorney and make sure things get done right.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why would a judge care if it was mediated?

As Jack advised, you really need to sit down with a divorce attorney who can answer your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">