• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is a thread that, when I look at it, shows me a little icon that indicates I have a response in that thread. If there is a response of mine in there, I'm overlooking it. It is not an area of law that I know (tax law) and the only reason I might even have opened it is that the thread heading, IRS, is generic enough that there are a few issues (tax-deferred or pre-tax employment benefits) that might have been included and that I might have be able to answer. Seeing the actual question, though, I can't imagine that I would have attempted a response. I certainly do not remember doing so. I guess it's possible that I might have been answering another question in the wrong thread and it was moved, but would I still show as having a answer in that thread? Am I just completely overlooking an answer I wrote that I'm not now seeing? Is this a glitch? Am I an anomoly? I think, therefore I post?

PayrollHRGuy

Link the thread and I'll look.

There is a thread that, when I look at it, shows me a little icon that indicates I have a response in that thread. If there is a response of mine in there, I'm overlooking it. It is not an area of law that I know (tax law) and the only reason I might even have opened it is that the thread heading, IRS, is generic enough that there are a few issues (tax-deferred or pre-tax employment benefits) that might have been included and that I might have be able to answer. Seeing the actual question, though, I can't imagine that I would have attempted a response. I certainly do not remember doing so. I guess it's possible that I might have been answering another question in the wrong thread and it was moved, but would I still show as having a answer in that thread? Am I just completely overlooking an answer I wrote that I'm not now seeing? Is this a glitch? Am I an anomoly? I think, therefore I post?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know why it would be. It's not even a topic I'm particularly interested in.

LdiJ

I don't know why it would be. It's not even a topic I'm particularly interested in.
I honestly think that its going to take us a while to figure out how everything works around here now. I keep encountering surprises.

quincy

I was just notified about a post in the Divorce section that I have no apparent connection to, either ("I want to change the mediated agreement").

It is probably a weird glitch. Strange that we both had these notifications today when we didn't have problems previously. :unsure:

Edit to add: I just looked back through my "alerts" for the last two days and the "IRS" thread shows up as a notification on mine, too. Odd.

Last edited:

quincy

Another problem: When composing a response, there have been notices on more than a few occasions saying "there is a problem with the webpage and it needs to reload," wiping out what I had written and sending me back to the thread.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Just Blue

Another problem: When composing a response, there have been notices on more than a few occasions saying "there is a problem with the webpage and it needs to reload," wiping out what I had written and sending me back to the thread.

Anyone else experiencing that?
It's happened to me as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">