• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my driving instructor breaking the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in new mexico, and i am wondering if my driving instructor is br aking the law by having us drive his kids home, another student home, and picking up paperwork, and is he breaking the law by him being on the phone when we drive, we all only have permits

quincy

I live in new mexico, and i am wondering if my driving instructor is br aking the law by having us drive his kids home, another student home, and picking up paperwork, and is he breaking the law by him being on the phone when we drive, we all only have permits
Your driving instructor is violating the terms of his license. There should be no phone use (except in an emergency) and only the instructor, student(s), parent (or guardian) should occupy the vehicle.

Last edited:

HRZ

BTW look up the NM law as to driver ed ...it specifically addresses who can be in the car and non use of cell phones ...

IN addition to the relevant licensing authorities ...if this is a public school driver ed program I'd be sure the local Board is on written notice of any such issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">