• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License & liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I didn't say that you should have gone at that very moment to learn about it. You need to take initiative in this matter and seek out further education on your own.

xylene

No, not so. In the scenario I described I was spread very thin having to be shift supervisor, lead resource, and then covering a unit clinically. There was no one else to do the work.
There seem to be deeper problems at this facility, beyond you being asked to fulfill roles that exceed your training/license.

There seem to be deeper problems at this facility, beyond you being asked to fulfill roles that exceed your training/license.
Yes and it hurts. We are slowly going broke. The state is not paying us in a timely manner and many of our patients are elderly and on public aid.

adjusterjack

I'm in my sixties.
If you are concerned about your job, I suggest you keep your head down, stay under the radar, do as you're told and don't make waves. Yes, it sucks to be told that but the reality is that there is age discrimination going on every day, everywhere. It's often very subtle and difficult to prove, and you certainly don't want to try to prove it when you are unemployed.

They may already be setting you up for termination so be careful about saying things like "I can't do this" or "I can't do that."

You might be wise to take some online courses and pay for them yourself.

If you are concerned about your license, go to the licensing board's website and look up information about disciplinary action.

If you are concerned about lawsuits, I think you can safely rely on the hospital's liability insurance to cover you for negligent acts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">