• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York City Transit Violation of Rule 1050.4(a)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I just want clarity in boarding the SBS which I do not see, what I see is that it is blind way of making money without even customer knowing what to do. Simple and easy just sweep your card inside the bus if it is a transfer it goes thru otherwise it takes out the fare from your metro card. I did nothing wrong, I see them as civilized mugger. I have valid transfer, not guided properly where to execute the transfer both by the driver and the officer who issued the ticket, I still have half of the journey owed by MTA, period.

FlyingRon

It's clear. It's posted at the boarding areas. It's in the printed material on the SBS. It's on the website.

All riders (with the exception of one line), must swipe their metrocard at the boarding platform and get the receipt. The online info specifically warns you that your situation will occur if you don't have a receipt with you. I find this whole thing amusing. I'm on the verge of forwarding the thread to my sister-in-law who was the administrator of buses for the transit authority until she retired years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">