• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Storage Building

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

You can add your question about the abandoned storage building by using the reply to thread feature or the edit post feature. Thanks.

Ndadvc13

If someone leaves a storage building that has not been paid for on my property. And the company that it was being purchased from hasn't come to get it. What are my legal rights.

Ndadvc13

Who left the storage building on your property, and why?
A friend was renting a place on my property for the storage building. Then they decided to move back to where they had previously lived. They went to the company that they were buying the building from and told them to come get it. Nothing happened for over a year. Then about 2 months ago. The company says that they are going to get the building. It's still in my yard. I offered to buy it from them. But I feel like I'm owed rent for it being on my property. .

HRZ

You might be smarter to keep seeking rent from your friend until he gets it removed ?

adjusterjack

But I feel like I'm owed rent for it being on my property. .
No, not from the owners because you never had a contract with the owners and they aren't the one that left it behind. It was your "friend."

Either buy it or don't buy it.

But for any money you are owed, you need to go after your "friend."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">