• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

side swiping a bicyclist on my way in turning. looked didn't see her coming. she wasn't hurt just a few bruises and i stayed assured she was okay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nuthatch

what do i do as i looked and didn't see a bicyclist coming on from the left as i was turning and had slowed down but didn't stop all the way and was pulling out when i heard something go down. she wasn't hurt, just a few bruises. i stayed there till she assured me she was fine. she took a picture of my license plate and i stayed as there was a lady who was walking her dog so she was there and a passer by also stopped to be sure we both were okay. we were scared very much so as well as frightened and shaken. i asked her if she was sure and double sure then asked her if i could leave to come home and she said yes, she had all she needed. what i want to know is should i consult a lawyer before filing a police report which i know has to be done. can anybody help me please this needs to be attended to soon! thank you very much!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In many states, there is a requirement to report the accident to the state (not the police) in such an accident. That is independent from any questioning, etc., and would be its own violation if you failed to do so properly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">