• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dianefejer

GUAM UNITED STATES
my question is should i feel being wrongfully terminated by my company when they fired me?on may 16,2012 i treatend by my co workers at my work place only because i was keep calling my supervisor due of our costumer buying heavy item in guam home depot was asking for help to load some the big bag of soil dirt that he just purchase.and i was a cashier at the time and he did not show up till over 30 minutes,and knowing that his not on break so i keep calling who ever is incharge to that place on that day.and when we are finally not busy he come to me and pointed his finger on me and tell me dont you ever embarsh me again like that and he punch the pipe where we drop the sales cash ever few hour.and while pointing his finger at me he was playing his hunting knife on him other hand and he act like his going to hit me so i close my eyes and next i heard he stab the register counter w his knife.and he start walking away and walk toward the sliding door to enter inside the store.and when i called my manager none of them come to help me or tell me its ok..i feell like if i did fight back he might stab me to that moment and i might be dead by now.and when i went manager office the incharge manager was just setting around and having a joke w his co manager that going to be invcharge for next shift.before this happine i already recieve my 2 termination letter.and i m aware being terminated but what shock me is the next day after filling up a form for my complain i was terminated and the person who hand me my termination was the manager incharge to that incident.and he never mention about what they going to do to what happine to me the day before?the person who treaten me was diagnose of having a mental illness according to one of the manager and thats the second time incident and his still work in GUAM HOME DEPOT TILL NOW.please give a good advice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless Guam has some special laws I am not aware of (which I do not deny is possible) this is not a wrongful termination as defined by US law. It may or may not be fair, but I do not see anything illegal.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
GUAM UNITED STATES
my question is should i feel being wrongfully terminated by my company when they fired me?on may 16,2012 i treatend by my co workers at my work place
Your post was hard to read. Do I understand it correctly that you were fired on May 16, 2012? If that's right, you might well be too late to pursue any legal action. In most jurisdictions of the U.S. the statute of limitations for claims related to wrongful termination are less than six years. If the firing occurred in 2012, why are you asking about it now?

Also, did the employer give you a reason for why you were fired? If so, what was the reason you were given for the termination?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">