• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isabelasmom

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband has been having a relationship with someone it was suppose to end but now I have the mistress driving by my house, posting pictures of my daughter to her social media, and telling me she wants my daughter for herself. Are those grounds for a restraining order?

LdiJ

Likely not. Get a divorce.
I am not sure that I agree with you...the whole stalking, posting pictures of the OP's child to her social media, and wanting the OP's daughter for herself is just creepy enough that it might qualify for a restraining order.

PayrollHRGuy

@LdiJ For all we know the woman lives down the street, the photo's posted were taken when she was on dates with the OP's husband and the whole thing about the other women is all in the OP's mind.

Anyone who's first response in a situation like this is to get an RO on the third party instead of starting divorce proceedings against their spouse is not going to do well in court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
There is nowhere near enough info to say. It's kind of a "yes, no, maybe so" situation. In the vein of PHRG's response, kiddo might be a classmate of MaybeMistress's kid and her presence in photos is incidental. MaybeMistress may be nothing more than a parent involved with activities that Dad is also involved in. Can't begin to tell you how many wives thought their husbands were having an affair with that WantonDivorvedWoman who "hung around" Scout meetings (LOL yes, me... 'cause my kid was a Scout!) - I coulda done better than any one of their loser husbands!

LOL WantonDivorvedWoman would be a great handle!

Just Blue

There is nowhere near enough info to say. It's kind of a "yes, no, maybe so" situation. In the vein of PHRG's response, kiddo might be a classmate of MaybeMistress's kid and her presence in photos is incidental. MaybeMistress may be nothing more than a parent involved with activities that Dad is also involved in. Can't begin to tell you how many wives thought their husbands were having an affair with that WantonDivorvedWoman who "hung around" Scout meetings (LOL yes, me... 'cause my kid was a Scout!) - I coulda done better than any one of their loser husbands!

LOL WantonDivorvedWoman would be a great handle!
You Hussy you!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">