• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Orlando - Seal and Expunge Process?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

England2018

I have a case from 2003 which in 2013 was Administratively dismissed in 2013.

I want to look into the process of Sealing or Expunging, but I am not sure which option it is?

I was 19 when it happened.

• Administrative Expungement – Per Section 943.0581, Florida Statutes, and Rule 11C-7.008, Florida Administrative Code, an arrest (adult or juvenile) made contrary to law or by mistake may be expunged by applying to FDLE, in one of the ways provided in statute and rule.

• Court-Ordered Sealing or Expungement – Per Section 943.059, Section 943.0585, Florida Statutes, and Rules 11C-7.006 and 11C-7.007, Florida Administrative Code, a person may apply to FDLE for a Certificate of Eligibility to Seal or Expunge his or her criminal history record. This is a required first step toward obtaining the court-ordered sealing or expungement of that record. Before issuing a certificate of eligibility, FDLE determines if the applicant is statutorily eligible to petition the court to have his or her Florida criminal history record sealed or expunged. For information on how to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility, click here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">