• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needs help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Florida
I am a resident of Lee County and have a friend in my house that i own and live in and have not recived any money from her in 10 weeks she is taking over my house with boxes of junk so she now has 3 of my rooms
I was told at the Lee County Clerks office that it’s not an eviction i need it’s an ejection
I feel very overwhelmed by all of this
I would like to do the right thing but i cannot afford a legal team
I would appreciate some info
Thank You

I am a resident of Lee County and have a friend in my house that i own and live in and have not recived any money from her in 10 weeks she is taking over my house with boxes of junk so she now has 3 of my rooms
I was told at the Lee County Clerks office that it’s not an eviction i need it’s an ejection
Thank You

Thank You

Is she supposed to pay you money for the right to live there?
I actuall never wanted her to stay this was a temporary situation that has progressed into a permanent one
There is no written agreement but a verbal that she paid weekly as long as she stayed

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is no written agreement but a verbal that she paid weekly as long as she stayed
Based on that, she is a tenant and needs to be evicted. Ejectment wouldn't be proper because she's not claiming any ownership interest in your property. You may wish to speak with a local attorney for assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">