• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

I think the police would rather have neighbors resolve their conflicts on their own, whenever this is possible.
I think that's a very charitable assessment of what either way amounts to "why doesn't this kid put on his big boy pants."

quincy

Longsally's son is autistic. While this is admittedly a broad category, it makes the harassment by the neighbor more concerning.

quincy

And the fact that the harrassment continued for years by the same people, including ones who are no longer minors. That's an explosive situation.
I agree. I think that a restraining order will be needed at some point. The letters are a way to show that a resolution was sought before taking legal action.

Just Blue

When lil'blu was 6 a 12 year old bullied and assaulted her on the school bus. This happened 2 days in a row. On the 2nd day she got off the bus and started crying. As typical with most kids with ASD she does not show her emotions openly like that so I was shocked and very concerned. When we got home and she calmed a bit she told me what happened. I, honest to GOD!, wanted to beat the crap out of that brat. It was dealt with very effectively and never did baby girl have n issue with her or any other as long as we were in MA.

I honestly don't know what I would do if lil'blu had years of bullying and parent or authorities did nothing as Sally is going through. I think I would end up doing something rash and get arrested. :(

Sally...I am so sorry your son is having to deal with this ugly, nasty crap.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You know what, YOU sound like a bully. You are no better than them. You are actually condoning their behavior with that comment! Really take your hatred somewhere else instead of pretending your giving advice!
xylene wasn't attacking you. xylene condemning the police for their inaction.

believe me all...we don't want to do this route. I have spoken with the parents over the years. I have spoken to the kids and told them that if they didn't want to be my sons friend, they didn't have to but don't be his enemy, just leave him alone. They do not go to the same school, they do not hang out with the same crowd, they have no contact at all except when they see my son outside. As he has autism and stutters (the more upset he gets the worse the stutter), the parents are unwilling to help as THEIR precious babies are always right...we feel the need to take it to this extreme because it is pretty obvious at this point that it is open season on my son. We offered the parents of these two to come and talk to us AND bring their kids over. The parents of the boy that started the whole thing did and that boy apologized....and the next day was hanging out again with the other two. No one had the balls to come and talk. We will send the letters in the morning...the threat of arrest is not an empty one. If they bother him again, yell at him, curse at him, threaten him, arrest will happen. We have cameras on the house and my son was told that he must pull out his phone and hit record..even if it is only a voice memo.

Just Blue

believe me all...we don't want to do this route. I have spoken with the parents over the years. I have spoken to the kids and told them that if they didn't want to be my sons friend, they didn't have to but don't be his enemy, just leave him alone. They do not go to the same school, they do not hang out with the same crowd, they have no contact at all except when they see my son outside. As he has autism and stutters (the more upset he gets the worse the stutter), the parents are unwilling to help as THEIR precious babies are always right...we feel the need to take it to this extreme because it is pretty obvious at this point that it is open season on my son. We offered the parents of these two to come and talk to us AND bring their kids over. The parents of the boy that started the whole thing did and that boy apologized....and the next day was hanging out again with the other two. No one had the balls to come and talk. We will send the letters in the morning...the threat of arrest is not an empty one. If they bother him again, yell at him, curse at him, threaten him, arrest will happen. We have cameras on the house and my son was told that he must pull out his phone and hit record..even if it is only a voice memo.
I don't think you are being extreme at all...clocking the kid over the head with a baseball bat would be extreme. :)

I hope this ends soon. I can't believe these parents! If my child was so cruel to another child, especially a vulnerable child, that child would sit for a month after the azz-whooping I would give. Don't people teach their children to be kind? Geesh...I am a raving bitch (or so they say...) and my kids were taught kindness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">