• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School info and Medical info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sure111

Custody Orders/Agreements from Florida. I currently reside in CA and Mother currently resides in OR (Just moved from another state a month ago).

Long story short, My 13 year old son was able to get a 1 year restraining order against his mother here in CA. Next month I will be able to get the custody orders adopted by CA, so they can be updated before the 1 year restraining order is up.

I am having trouble now getting her to send me information needed to enroll him in school. I have most of the info, but I was deployed for a while and I am having a hard time getting the home school information. She also won't tell me his last Doctors name to see what immunizations he was given or not given for the previous school years. My son doesn't remember which exact site it was for home school and does not remember his doctors. From what I am gathering she kept him sheltered and when he tried to talk to other people he was cut off and she took over the conversation. He also changed schools at least twice a year. I am out now and can be there as I should have been a lot more.

Has anyone run into this problem and if so, how did you get the information? Other than getting a lawyer in Oregon to make her do it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How did the 13 year old non-resident of California get a 1 year restraining order against another non-resident? :unsure:

HRZ

THere are rules with exceptions to exceptions about enrollment of children with poorly documented status ...emphasis on getting child educated . You may as parent be able to secure many records from prior school and many a school will forward most student records to next school upon request to do so. but home school records may be few if any

Sure111

How did the 13 year old non-resident of California get a 1 year restraining order against another non-resident? :unsure:
I didn't think it was possible, but you don't have to be a resident to ask for a restraining order on someone else. I couldn't do it for him, but I could hire a lawyer on his behalf. He asked the court to not make him return to an abusive and dangerous situation. She refused to show up to court, sent us both a ton of angry/hateful texts and cut us off completely. Not a hard case to prove.

Zigner

If you could afford an attorney for a bogus restraining order, then you can afford an attorney for this matter.

HRZ

Heck, in my state all that is required is that parent claim he is opposed to vacs and my guess is CA has such similar runarounds....

Sure111

If you could afford an attorney for a bogus restraining order, then you can afford an attorney for this matter.
How is it bogus? When her parents write statements of witnessed physical and verbal abuse. Hell, she got a DUI with him in the car. I could go on for a while. I was cut off due to being deployed, but everything is better now.

I'm not the one you're angry at. It's all good.

Zigner

Heck, in my state all that is required is that parent claim he is opposed to vacs and my guess is CA has such similar runarounds....
Neither party was a resident of the state. California wasn't the appropriate venue...

HRZ

For purposes of enrollment in public schools we live in times where almost anything goes and ones mere presence constitutes a virtual entitlement to attend ....some issues about visa status aside and not relevant here.

xylene

For purposes of enrollment in public schools we live in times where almost anything goes and ones mere presence constitutes a virtual entitlement to attend ....some issues about visa status aside and not relevant here.
Has the OP mentioned anything about residency issues, visa problems or immigration?

Zigner

I am going to partially correct myself. The mother is not a resident of the state and is not present in the state. The state does not have jurisdiction. I am interested to find out how you claim to have served this person, and also what story you may haven given the court (including what details weren't mentioned) that allowed a restraining order to be issued as you claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">