• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability Insurance for a Rented Venue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lfortune

Rhode Island.

Hello,
I have a question about Liability Insurance. I am renting a venue for a Fund Raiser with and Dinner being served and a Performance of Comedians. We are selling tickets to this events to raise funds for our Non Profit Group Status. The Facility has a bar, and we they will be serving alcohol for the event. It is a Cash Bar. The owner of the Facility said, he has liability for his venue, but I need to know since we are renting the place from him, will we need any liability coverage since there is going to be a performance and alcohol served. If so, what type of Insurance, and what companies offer it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Rhode Island.

Hello,
I have a question about Liability Insurance. I am renting a venue for a Fund Raiser with and Dinner being served and a Performance of Comedians. We are selling tickets to this events to raise funds for our Non Profit Group Status. The Facility has a bar, and we they will be serving alcohol for the event. It is a Cash Bar. The owner of the Facility said, he has liability for his venue, but I need to know since we are renting the place from him, will we need any liability coverage since there is going to be a performance and alcohol served. If so, what type of Insurance, and what companies offer it.
You would be wise to have your own liability policy for this. Contact a business insurance broker for more information.

Also, you may wish to contact your own insurance broker/agent/company about a personal excess liability (umbrella) policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">