• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retrospective VAT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

someguyforgotit

Hi,

I went over the threshold for VAT last year without realizing it with a previous contract. So I should have been charging the company I was contracting for VAT when I wasn't. I run a limited company and the company I had a contract with are also a limited company. I no longer work with the company I should have charged VAT to but I need to pay the VAT bill. Do they legally have to pay me the VAT? If they refuse, what are my chances of winning if I was to take it to court?

Thank you

LdiJ

Just to add I'm not VAT registered, since finding out about exceeding the threshold my accountant is now registering me for VAT.
This forum is for US law only, and since the US does not have VAT, clearly this is not the appropriate forum for your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">