• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No roommate agreements or Lisa for renting a room and try and they trying to evict me due to I put padlocks on my doors for privacy and security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
So you have no lease for a room you rent from someone. You put a padlock on the door; the LL wants to evict you for doing so. If you damaged the door/door frame, that could very well fall under the statute that allows for your eviction with a 7-day notice.

Fla. Stat. Ann. § 83.56(2)(a) "Intentional destruction of the rental property or other tenants’ property or unreasonable disturbances; for destruction, damage, or misuse of the landlord’s or other tenants’ property by intentional act or a subsequent or continued unreasonable disturbance (after written warning within previous 12 months); a subsequent or continuing noncompliance within 12 months of a written warning by the landlord of a similar violation."

How much notice did the LL give you?

Florida
So you have no lease for a room you rent from someone. You put a padlock on the door; the LL wants to evict you for doing so. If you damaged the door/door frame, that could very well fall under the statute that allows for your eviction with a 7-day notice.

Fla. Stat. Ann. § 83.56(2)(a) "Intentional destruction of the rental property or other tenants’ property or unreasonable disturbances; for destruction, damage, or misuse of the landlord’s or other tenants’ property by intentional act or a subsequent or continued unreasonable disturbance (after written warning within previous 12 months); a subsequent or continuing noncompliance within 12 months of a written warning by the landlord of a similar violation."

How much notice did the LL give you?
The roommates are not my landlords. There has been no damage to the door or the frame. The man that owns the house never gave the roommates permission to let people move in. There was no notice just demands, no written agreements and the roommates have been caught in my room without permission. They do all repairs at 2-3am. I've asked them to do them at reasonable hours. They let my dogs in and out of their kennels and their kennels are in my room. I'll put them outside in their pens when I leave the house and when I get home there in my room. They have locked me out twice now. Have sent my mom threating texts and telling her she's the one who has all influences over my decisions.

Just Blue

Florida

The roommates are not my landlords. There has been no damage to the door or the frame. The man that owns the house never gave the roommates permission to let people move in. There was no notice just demands, no written agreements and the roommates have been caught in my room without permission. They do all repairs at 2-3am. I've asked them to do them at reasonable hours. They let my dogs in and out of their kennels and their kennels are in my room. I'll put them outside in their pens when I leave the house and when I get home there in my room. They have locked me out twice now. Have sent my mom threating texts and telling her she's the one who has all influences over my decisions.
Who is "Lisa"?

Gail in Georgia

What a confusing post!

If you are paying your roommates some rent, the ARE your landlords. However, if THEIR landlord never gave them permission to sublet to you the whole bunch of you are likely to find yourselves evicting and sitting on the curb with all your belongings rather quickly.

Quite honestly, you're renting in a "time bomb" type of situation here. Find yourself a rental situation where the real landlord APPROVES of you living there, sign a lease that outline your rights as a tenant and have some security doing such.

Gail

HRZ

No notice = no notice. And your LL as in RMs must get the eviction steps ..and a lock out might be a criminal/ police matter ...I did not look it up

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">