• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be fined?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Baseball4420

State PA:

I Was being questioned by a school principle about something that i was accused of. The principle made it seem like he had the correct answer to the questions he was going to give me. So me feeling pressured and scared i answered the questions he had for me thy way he asked them.

The police were in the room and never asked me anything but later left the room, and were not there for the questioning.

Today i received a ticket under section 5503 Title 18. On the ticket it said "Intent to bring a gun to school." Which i never said once in the whole interrogation from my principle.

So can the police give a fine based on a principle statement along with something i never said?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Obviously they can because they did.

What was the principal questioning you about? (You don't get your best grades in English, do you?)

quincy

State PA:

I Was being questioned by a school principle about something that i was accused of. The principle made it seem like he had the correct answer to the questions he was going to give me. So me feeling pressured and scared i answered the questions he had for me thy way he asked them.

The police were in the room and never asked me anything but later left the room, and were not there for the questioning.

Today i received a ticket under section 5503 Title 18. On the ticket it said "Intent to bring a gun to school." Which i never said once in the whole interrogation from my principle.

So can the police give a fine based on a principle statement along with something i never said?
Although disorderly conduct is often a summary offense, it appears you were charged with a misdemeanor. You will want a criminal defense attorney to help you.

It is possible that your criminal defense attorney can get the charge against you reduced or even dismissed (depending on facts), but your attorney will at the very least apply with the District Attorney's Office for an Alternative Misdemeanor Program (AMP) for you, to keep the criminal charge from becoming a blot on your criminal record, this if the disorderly conduct charge is your first offense.

If accepted for the Program, you will be required to complete community service hours and pay court costs, among other possible conditions that can be imposed.

Again, you will want a criminal defense attorney in your area to help you with your defense. Do not speak to anyone but your attorney and your parents about your charge. Especially say nothing to the police.

Good luck.

It is a little concerning that you could be cited for "intent to bring a gun to school" without some sort of evidence.
It would be like going into a bar and citing everyone for "intent to drive drunk" or going into supermarket and citing for "intent to shoplift"

quincy

It is a little concerning that you could be cited for "intent to bring a gun to school" without some sort of evidence.
It would be like going into a bar and citing everyone for "intent to drive drunk" or going into supermarket and citing for "intent to shoplift"
I agree that something seems off here.

Neil, could you activate your private message ("conversation") feature? At least temporarily? Thanks.

PayrollHRGuy

The evidence could well have been that he told the school that he had planned to or threatened to bring a gun to school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">