• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a grandparent deny visitaion to the birth father?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

LdiJ - Appreciate your response. Understand, the focus really isn't compensation for us, nor is that really important. What bothers me is the birth father continues to expect these freebies, yet offers nothing in return, and not sure we need to give up visitation time at our expense. He's ignored child support and discontinued health care coverage for our granddaughter that was also ordered by the court. Recognize I may be vindictive, but hate to see this happening to our daughter and granddaughter.
Then your daughter needs to take him to court for contempt for not honoring the court orders regarding child support and health insurance...and again, you don't need to give him part of your time, but your daughter is required to provide him time at her expense, therefore she needs to do that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Then your daughter needs to take him to court for contempt for not honoring the court orders regarding child support and health insurance...and again, you don't need to give him part of your time, but your daughter is required to provide him time at her expense, therefore she needs to do that.
If the time they are in possession of the child occurs at the same time that the child is court-ordered to be with dad, they certainly DO need to turn over the child. Otherwise, THEY can be charged with interference with custody.

LdiJ

If the time they are in possession of the child occurs at the same time that the child is court-ordered to be with dad, they certainly DO need to turn over the child. Otherwise, THEY can be charged with interference with custody.
Did you miss were he said this:

Court ordered visitation was very loose. One in spring/summer and one in fall/winter. No defined duration, but at my daughter's expense.
That is why I suggested that mom arrange for dad's visitation to be after the grandparent's visitation, and for mom to pay for the return leg.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That is not the wording of the court order, it is simply a person who is not a party to the order paraphrasing what s/he believes the order says. My post is correct as I wrote it. Yours may or may not be correct, depending on information we simply do not have (it's the whole third-party thing).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">