• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Fired Me!!! Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jm4466

I was driving a company car while on duty and was rammed by another vehicle who promptly sped away.
My company sent me to their (Company) doctor who examined me, did xrays etc. I was told I had 2 bulging disks
but that I was okay. (Doctor's diagnosis) I was paid 13 weeks of Worker's Comp then told by my employer that
I must accept a light duty job 1 1/2 hours from my home.

I complained that I was still in much pain and there was no way I could take the 1 1/2 drive each way per day.
I was promptly terminated.

Questions:
Is there a statute of limitations? This happened over a year ago I cannot work. I am still in severe pain.

What are my options? Is my previous employer liable for my medical?

Can I be compensated for lost wages and/or pain and suffering?

Thanking everyone in advance!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?

If the employer cannot accommodate your restrictions, then they can let you go and work comp will be your recourse. You may also wish to pursue a case against the at-fault party (run this all by your attorney).

adjusterjack

Get yourself a workers compensation attorney RIGHT NOW.

Understand me? RIGHT NOW.

Don't even think about what it costs because they just get a small percentage of what they get for you.

If you don't get a workers compensation attorney nothing changes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">