• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to work abroad without working permitk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorphone

I’m a consultant and my work requires me to travel to the client’s site. Since work permit process requires a lot of time to take place. And My boss loves to cut corners, so my boss asked me to fly using business visa even thought I’ll be conducting actual work there which requires a work permit. These happened several times but I think it has to stop. I’m thinking of reporting to our Ethics/HR team. However, I’m afraid given this legal issue, will I be trialed or punished by the government as well? Also, I saw a clause on our staff handbook that we(employees) should be responsible for immigration related concerns. But being forced by someone in authority, I don’t have a choice..
My employer is in Singapore.

FlyingRon

We have no idea. Nothing in US law bans employers from reprimanding employees. However, it's never advisable to knowingly break the law of any country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">