• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moms live in has an active felony drug charge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Who goes to jail to pick someone up … and does not know the charges brought against them? Isn't it our duty to know someone well before moving in with them and exposing them to your child. She knows who this man is. She's been living with him for just over 2 years. And she remains in his home, even at risk of exposing her son. Even after the court papers have arrived. Even after reading on these papers what the complaint is. My guess is she herself should be discussing this mans past with him. Maybe she should run a background check on the guy. Or maybe … she just don't care. She's setting herself to claim she's a victim. Only problem is … in court I will ask her why she didn't feel any urgency to find out why he was in jail when she picked him up? Or why she chose to keep this a secret from me? Or even after she was told by myself of his charges, she chose to stay in the house knowing this could alter her custody arrangement. This man has felony drug charges against him. How do you live with someone and not know? I don't know anyone with a list this long of Nolle Prosequi charges. This cant be common. Guess he's just a victim as well.

LdiJ

Who goes to jail to pick someone up … and does not know the charges brought against them? Isn't it our duty to know someone well before moving in with them and exposing them to your child. She knows who this man is. She's been living with him for just over 2 years. And she remains in his home, even at risk of exposing her son. Even after the court papers have arrived. Even after reading on these papers what the complaint is. My guess is she herself should be discussing this mans past with him. Maybe she should run a background check on the guy. Or maybe … she just don't care. She's setting herself to claim she's a victim. Only problem is … in court I will ask her why she didn't feel any urgency to find out why he was in jail when she picked him up? Or why she chose to keep this a secret from me? Or even after she was told by myself of his charges, she chose to stay in the house knowing this could alter her custody arrangement. This man has felony drug charges against him. How do you live with someone and not know? I don't know anyone with a list this long of Nolle Prosequi charges. This cant be common. Guess he's just a victim as well.
You do understand what Nolle Prosequi means, right?

I do. I stated that in a previous post. You do understand that there are current felony drug charges against the Moms current bf, right? There seems to be a pattern. You know anyone with numerous Nolle Prosequi outcomes? Just asking?

Last edited:

t74

Giving Mom the benefit of the doubt (just for a second) maybe she was demonstrating to the child where he could end up if he didn't behave himself.

;)

Time's up. Back to she's a druggie.(y)

I doubt a 5yo will relate his behavior to jail time when it really matters - ie teenage years.

commentator

A prior marijuana thing, perhaps, but cocaine, meth, you don't get into methland without people around you pretty much knowing what you are involved with. And we hang out with people with common interests, so I would bet a lot that he and mom have common interests. And it appears that she didn't have to take the 5 year old with her to the jail just to tell him she was done with him when she did find out about his drug convictions. I could not agree more, a surprise request for a hair test might, this time, get granted. And if she finds out too early.....or just for safety, do not let her know what you're planning. I've seen shaven heads, new extreme dye jobs, etc. All expended in the effort to beat the hair tests.

Im positive you see more background checks than I do. I don't tend to be around people who use drugs, nor is my circle full of people that deal with the police on any kind of negative basis. The court date is in two weeks. We will see how it goes for him this time around.

PayrollHRGuy

Im positive you see more background checks than I do. I don't tend to be around people who use drugs, nor is my circle full of people that deal with the police on any kind of negative basis. The court date is in two weeks. We will see how it goes for him this time around.
Then why would you make a point that you haven't seen any?

I've never seen a flying saucer but you don't see me mentioning it on my posts.

Court today ended with the Exs Boyfriend Pleading Guilty to the Felony Class 5, charge. 5 years sentence, with 5 years suspended. Loss of driving privileges for 6 months. Supervised Probation that starts at sentencing for the next 20 years.

I have my son this week. I will figure my Ex wont contact me with this information. If she chooses not to contact me I will do my best to contact her and hear her plans. Any advice on where to go from here dealing with this situation. Should I contact the GAL?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">