• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

£15 to have item replaced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trills

Hi, I purchased a Global knife, costing approximately £100, about 8 years ago. The one piece knife snapped whilst cutting cheese. Global have a 30 years guarantee policy so I paid £2.50 to have it delivered to them for inspection. The confirmed there was no signs of misuse and it was due to metal fatigue. They are now requesting £15 admin and postage fees to have it's replacement sent to me. When I contested the legality of this, they replied, " As this is an Extended Guarantee Offer, which is a special concession, this is outside of our legal liabilities and so the below is not appropriate."

Is this true?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
This site focuses on law in the U.S. You'll need to find a site that handles law for the country in which you are located (presumably the U.K.) for information on that. You'll want to be able to provide what the guarantee (warranty) policy says as that is likely relevant to the issue. It would certainly matter in the U.S.

trills

This site focuses on law in the U.S. You'll need to find a site that handles law for the country in which you are located (presumably the U.K.) for information on that. You'll want to be able to provide what the guarantee (warranty) policy says as that is likely relevant to the issue. It would certainly matter in the U.S.

Many thanks. I will look for a UK forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">