• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Making a parenting plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coopkid1992

What is the name of your state? Illinois, But the children reside in Arizona with the mother

Mother and I agreed to letting my 5 and 3 year old daughters spend their summer vacations with me, which I imagine for be two to three months. I would fly to AZ and then fly back with them to Chicago.
So I pay child support monthly, but if my children are with me for three to two months of the year. If me and the mother agree can we put into the parenting plan to waive the months I have my daughters so I can use the money on them while they are with me?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can but child support is calculated for the year and paid monthly. So you could get credit and still have a monthly payment.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
To expand on OG's post. Say your CS comes up to 12,000/year (just to make the math easy). You would pay $1000/mo for each of 12 months. If you and Mom agree to abate the 2 months (again, easy math), 12,000 would be divided by 10, rather than 12. So, $1200/mo, but only for 10 months. Of course, there is nothing to stop Mom from refunding you $1000 for each summer month, should the two of you agree. But I suspect that would not be enforceable.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
To expand on OG's post. Say your CS comes up to 12,000/year (just to make the math easy). You would pay $1000/mo for each of 12 months. If you and Mom agree to abate the 2 months (again, easy math), 12,000 would be divided by 10, rather than 12. So, $1200/mo, but only for 10 months. Of course, there is nothing to stop Mom from refunding you $1000 for each summer month, should the two of you agree. But I suspect that would not be enforceable.
Or if your CS comes to 12000 per year but you agree that you will only pay 10000/year then it would go from 1000 per month to $833 per month. Those are two things that could happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">