• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad is a jerk off literally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KPOST

This is a legal forum, not a therapy forum. You asked about the legality, not the morality, of the situation. You are getting your knickers in a twist about the wrong thing. Rather than focusing on the masturbation, you should be focusing on the drinking to excess.
Believe me I have been working on the drinking issue with him for over 15 years, he refuses to do anything and it's his right. If this would have been illegal, then maybe the trouble that went with it may have shook him to his senses but I don't know if that would have done anything. It was worth a try.
Please don't accuse me of being snarky, I am not trying to be (just trying to weed through the laws opinions and false information) and please don't assume that my nickers are in a twist because I'm trying to get information.

This is the first forum that I ever registered and or commented on. Please be patient with me.

KPOST

Sorry Ohiogal this is my first ever forum and I got confused as to whom I was typing.
Really my bad. I am sorry. Shadowbunny said I was snarky then said my nickers are twisted. Neither was the case. I got flustered. I love your help and I appreciate all of your help. You are the only onr that was actually helping. I'm so sorry for my confusion! Please forgive me. I'm really not trying to upset anyone.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Believe me I have been working on the drinking issue with him for over 15 years, he refuses to do anything and it's his right. If this would have been illegal, then maybe the trouble that went with it may have shook him to his senses but I don't know if that would have done anything. It was worth a try.
Please don't accuse me of being snarky, I am not trying to be (just trying to weed through the laws opinions and false information) and please don't assume that my nickers are in a twist because I'm trying to get information.

This is the first forum that I ever registered and or commented on. Please be patient with me.
I will accept your apology but you really need to understand that you are going to read things that you don't like. NO ONE on here is going to purposely try to crucify you but everyone is trying to guide you. Read the posts from that viewpoint. EVERYONE wants to guide you so you are educated. So you can be prepared. So you can understand. I am usually the most blunt because I don't have a lot of time when I respond. But you need to realize that senior members have been here for a long time and aren't "attacking". We are trying to educate.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really my bad. I am sorry. Shadowbunny said I was snarky then said my nickers are twisted. Neither was the case. I got flustered. I love your help and I appreciate all of your help. You are the only onr that was actually helping. I'm so sorry for my confusion! Please forgive me. I'm really not trying to upset anyone.
You were appearing to be combative with the written word. Shadow was trying to help you. And I am not the ONLY one that is trying to help. But understand that you need to toughen up and be educated as to the law if you are going to proceed without an attorney. It is not going to always be presented in a rainbow and unicorns way.

KPOST

The law doesn't work on what ifs. The law works on -- if he had to drive the child to a hospital and couldn't. THEN it would be but just getting drunk around a child is NOT endangerment. There was not an emergency. Except one that you made by calling the police. And NO ONE has to answer the door for police. NO ONE. EVER. Drunk or sober.
Okay,

I know that one doesn't have to answer the door ever, It wasn't that he didn't want to. He couldn't get to the door because he was stumbling all over the place. That's what the officer said to me on the phone to me. I'm unsure if he was answering in his official capacity.

My question was answered. I have a direction thanks to you.

I can tell I have a lot of learning to do! You are awesome and I thank you!

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
IT"S NOT NORMAL IN THE LIVING ROOM AT 1945 in the evening. Have you slipped your wig!?!
Okay, I don't know how it works at your house, maybe open masturbation is normal for your family. ,,,,,,.
It was said in a post that I'm being snarky. .......
The word I used was snippy, not snarky. And as you can see from the above-snippets, you most certainly were snippy with the volunteers. Pointing out to you that you were focusing on the wrong thing was not being harsh -- it was being direct. And to be upset because I used the phrase "knickers in a twist" (and it is knickers, with a K) is, well, getting your knickers in a twist over the wrong thing. If you are THIS thin-skinned, how are you going to be able to go up against your ex in court without a lawyer?

KPOST

You were appearing to be combative with the written word. Shadow was trying to help you. And I am not the ONLY one that is trying to help. But understand that you need to toughen up and be educated as to the law if you are going to proceed without an attorney. It is not going to always be presented in a rainbow and unicorns way.
Thank you for accepting my apology, I'm so sorry. Maybe I was taking things too personally. The cherry has been broken and I learned a lot about the law and feelings on forums.

Shadow, if you read this, I'm sorry I misunderstood your comments as a sort of attack or aiming to get me riled. It worked even if you didn't mean to. I truly never mean to do harm or be combative.

May the best things in life find you and you find them.

KPOST

The word I used was snippy, not snarky. And as you can see from the above-snippets, you most certainly were snippy with the volunteers. Pointing out to you that you were focusing on the wrong thing was not being harsh -- it was being direct. And to be upset because I used the phrase "knickers in a twist" (and it is knickers, with a K) is, well, getting your knickers in a twist over the wrong thing. If you are THIS thin-skinned, how are you going to be able to go up against your ex in court without a lawyer?
Shadow, if you read this, I'm sorry I misunderstood your comments as a sort of attack or aiming to get me riled. It worked even if you didn't mean to. I truly never mean to do harm or be combative. Thin skin, Yeah, okay, I can see that.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Shadow, if you read this, I'm sorry I misunderstood your comments as a sort of attack or aiming to get me riled. It worked even if you didn't mean to. I truly never mean to do harm or be combative. Thin skin, Yeah, okay, I can see that.

Likewise. I wasn't trying to make you feel attacked. You obviously love your son, and I hope that everything works out for him.

KPOST

Shadowbunny, Ohiogal, Zinger or anyone know?
Is masturbation considered a sexual act in the state of Michigan? Would it be a crime if it was my husbands daughter that walked in on him in the living room instead of our son? Is it different because they are related or because they are in his house? Just looking for more info. Thank you in advance.

Likewise. I wasn't trying to make you feel attacked. You obviously love your son, and I hope that everything works out for him.
Thank you for accepting my apology.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect a court would view it differently if it were a daughter walking in on him versus a son - especially one on the verge of puberty.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Had the child been IN THE ROOM at the time he began the masturbation, that would be applicable.

The child was not in the room at the time.

We all agree that it was appallingly bad judgement. That is not being debated. But THE CHILD WAS NOT IN VIEW AT THE TIME HE BEGAN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">