• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nikmarie

On February 28 2019 I was driving to my dr appointment when I hit some ice on the toad and my car spun out of control and I hit a mile marker sign and I got a ticket for that. I understand that I need to pay for the damages but it wasn’t my fault. It can happen to anyone. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do please

Just Blue

On February 28 2019 I was driving to my dr appointment when I hit some ice on the toad and my car spun out of control and I hit a mile marker sign and I got a ticket for that. I understand that I need to pay for the damages but it wasn’t my fault. It can happen to anyone. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do please
What state?

laurakaye

Regardless of whether you think it's your fault, it's still your responsibility to pay.

If you have insurance, then you're covered. Missouri law requires an automobile liability policy to include property damage liability insurance, which covers your legal responsibility for damages to the property of others caused by collision with your car. In an accident, the "property of others" is usually another car, but it also covers damage to public and private property such as road signs, bridges or buildings, up to the limits written into the policy.

Eekamouse

You were driving too fast for the conditions and lost control of your car. The ticket is valid. Pay it.

pac72

id suggest paying attention to the weather and be aware of road conditions before/during driving .. why would you NOT expect icy conditions in feb ??
your citation ? reckless/unsafe driving ? failure to maintain safe speed for conditions ? too fast for conditions ?
all 100% YOUR FAULT...

bet your citation reads something like-defendant operated vehicle at unsafe speed ,lost control of vehicle and spun out striking mile marker sign

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">