• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Vehicle Purchase, Found Damage After Taking it Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brvids

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I just purchased a new vehicle and after taking it home, I found damage on the door. I went back to the dealer and they did agree to fix it. However, I realized they didn't want to fix it until the check clears(they didn't say that, but I'm assuming that's why they're making me wait). What is my recourse if I let the check clear and they don't fix it to my liking? Should I put a hold on the check and explain I won't let it go through until they fix it? Am I obligated by the contract if no money has been given yet? I'm fine with the vehicle, only worried about it getting fixed to my satisfaction. Any advice would be appreciated.

quincy

I suggest you don't assume and I suggest you don't do "what if's."

Ask the dealer the reason for the delay in fixing the door.

How bad is the damage?

brvids

It’s not bad. It’s a small dent on the passenger side door. I did ask why and they said that’s when the guy is available but it seemed a bit coincidental that happened to be the day the check clears. They were looking at the contract in the back room before agreeing to fix it so it seemed a bit suspicious.

quincy

It’s not bad. It’s a small dent on the passenger side door. I did ask why and they said that’s when the guy is available but it seemed a bit coincidental that happened to be the day the check clears. They were looking at the contract in the back room before agreeing to fix it so it seemed a bit suspicious.
It could just be a coincidence.

pac72

they may be using a paintless dent removal contractor to fix it , and you will have to wait till he is available..did you perhaps ask them ?

xylene

In future car purchase, inspect and photograph thoroughly the entire vehicle before taking delivery.

Bring a car minded friend as an extra pair of eyes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">