• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying child support in 2 states..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daymo

Have you contacted the MS CS office?
Yes... Thats how I got the copy of the so called court order... Its funny they didn't have my address... But decided to start taking money... Then won't tell me who is getting the money... They said they don't know...

PayrollHRGuy

This really should not be this much of a problem. As an employer, I've had many employees have multiple orders for the same child from different states. It has never taken more than a couple of calls to get one of the two states to fax over a stop letter.

Daymo

This really should not be this much of a problem. As an employer, I've had many employees have multiple orders for the same child from different states. It has never taken more than a couple of calls to get one of the two states to fax over a stop letter.
Well Indiana won't send nothin because they said they never sent it... So they telling me that I have to handle it... But Mississippi being an enforcer of child support is being idiotic and rude about the whole thing.... They know I don't owe them... I have proved it...

Daymo

Indiana never sent what? Are they saying they don't have a CS order out with your name on it?
Exactly.... But Mississippi operating on ss number... So when I get a job them and Indiana raping me... My name is on the order and the mothers name... Indiana say they never sent anything to Mississippi.... Mississippi say they did... Thats where I'm at... Anyway it go I'm paying unwillingly... I know it's unlawful...

PayrollHRGuy

Calmly and without anything added answer the following.

Has Indiana sent an order to your employer?
Has MS sent an order to your employer?

Has Indiana child support said they don't have an order out?

PayrollHRGuy

Then you need to ask your employer for a copy of the Indiana order and provide it to Indiana Child Support and get them to send a stop order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">