• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong person listed as a defendant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I never said repoman wasn't lawfully taking the car... I posted a question asking... In addition they don't have the right neighbor listed on the supoena... They have the owner of the house not the tenant being as the police nor the tow truck person got my neighbors name... Could you answer the law question at hand and just stop trying to prove a point... My neighbor asked me to post this question for her ...seems as if you just want to see it your way. And your not right at the moment..focus on the legal matter and stop trying to bash me
I did answer your question (as have others):

MYOB

LdiJ

I never said repoman wasn't lawfully taking the car... I posted a question asking... In addition they don't have the right neighbor listed on the supoena... They have the owner of the house not the tenant being as the police nor the tow truck person got my neighbors name... Could you answer the law question at hand and just stop trying to prove a point... My neighbor asked me to post this question for her ...seems as if you just want to see it your way. And your not right at the moment..focus on the legal matter and stop trying to bash me
Then the person who got the subpoena needs to get a lawyer to defend them and prove that they were not involved.

Smittyks

Then the person who got the subpoena needs to get a lawyer to defend them and prove that they were not involved.
Ok. That sounds like good advice there's video proof of her none involvement as well... There should be a law that you can't file criminal charges especially felony charges if you don't have positive I'd on a person right?

LdiJ

Ok. That sounds like good advice there's video proof of her none involvement as well... There should be a law that you can't file criminal charges especially felony charges if you don't have positive I'd on a person right?
Not necessarily. It depends entirely on the overall circumstances. That is why there are lawyers.

RJR

A citizen files a complaint/police report, not a criminal charge. IF the report is knowingly false concerning an ID of a person, that is a crime, sure. An ID made in good faith will be investigated, unless it may require an immediate detention/arrest for public safety, etc.

LdiJ

A citizen files a complaint/police report, not a criminal charge. IF the report is knowingly false concerning an ID of a person, that is a crime, sure. An ID made in good faith will be investigated, unless it may require an immediate detention/arrest for public safety, etc.
In this instance its likely that the original complaintent (I know that is spelled wrong, sigh) had no idea who the person was that they were complaining about, so they obtained information to indicate who the homeowner was and made a complaint against the homeowner.

If the homeowner wasn't the person involved it will get resolved in a relatively short amount of time...but an attorney will be necessary to ensure that it gets property resolved.

justalayman

I actually spoke to my neighbor about the post they don't mind.. ive never lobbied for the poster child of gun law. But thanks for your vote.. And my neighbor didn't "allow the dog to attack anyone" the dog was standing and watching UNTIL repoman aggressively entered my neighbors personal space.
But if the repo mans actions were lawful and the owner did not restrain the dog and prevent him from attacking, yes, they did allow the dog to attack the repo man and should be held liable for any injuries the repo man incurred as well as the owner should be held responsible in the criminal courts.

Having ones personal space entered aggressively is not a valid basis to allow one’s dog to chew on them.

justalayman

How do you know they didn’t intentionally subpoena the owner of the home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">