• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SociologyJ

I live in California. The mother of my child is not asking for child support right now. All she wants is for me to pay for her apartment. Should I give her the money and put a note saying child support or just pay the rent. I’m just worried the court will make me back pay her even though I am giving her money.
Also can I use Venmo to pay her because it keeps a record of payment?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I live in California. The mother of my child is not asking for child support right now. All she wants is for me to pay for her apartment. Should I give her the money and put a note saying child support or just pay the rent. I’m just worried the court will make me back pay her even though I am giving her money.
Get a court order and pay her through the courts. Courts don't monitor where the money goes once the receiving parent gets it. If you wish to give her more than the court order, you can do that.

Just Blue

File for support/custody. Any monies you give her without a court order is a gift. So file...once you file keep track of all money by paying with a check and note in the memo line that it is child support payment.

Please keep in mind that court orders protect you, mom and most of all the child(ren).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">