• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal to pose as someone for job drug test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

There is alias and alibi and veto and verbatim and status quo and audio and bona fide and in utero and in vitro and in memoriam and per capita and versus
Ah, but those are great examples of words that have been adopted by and become part of English. So when those are used by an English speaker, they are using English...just English that traces back to Latin roots. English borrows from a lot of different languages; English speakers seem to have little problem incorporating useful terms from other languages. We don't try to wall out foreign words to keep the language pure as some others, notably the French, do.
When I was in high school our school offered a class in Greek and Latin derivatives. I think that is about the most useful class I ever had. It seriously helped me learn Spanish, Italian, and French. It helps me read Portuguese even though I don't speak it. It even allows me to understand most Latin phrases. It also allowed me to see just how much English has Latin and Greek roots.

However, what really got to me, in Italy, was hearing everybody use the English word, "babysitter", instead of a word in Italian...LOL.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes.

Ohio criminal statute 2913.49. Identity Fraud
(D) No person, with intent to defraud, shall permit another person to use the person's own personal identifying information.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913
The intent is to defraud the employer for something of value (employment).

It's a felony of several degrees depending on "the value of the credit, property, services, debt, or other legal obligation involved in the violation or course of conduct..."

Penalties range from 6-12 months in prison to 3-11 years in prison and/or fines from $2500 to $20,000.

Do you still think it's a good idea?
Jeez.. and when mentioned Identity theft I was told I was being overly dramatic. GO FIGURE. Me. An Ohio attorney. When heck it is a CRIME.

Well, there are many Latin words that have become so much a part of the English language that people think they are English words and not Latin words.

There is alias and alibi and veto and verbatim and status quo and audio and bona fide and in utero and in vitro and in memoriam and per capita and versus ... Latin is not just for lawyers. :)

That said, si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.
I'll stick with Cockney. and if you like I'll learn you to talk proper just like wot I do ;)

quincy

Many high schools in Michigan used to teach Latin (as an elective) but no longer offer it, which is too bad. Knowing Latin (and Greek) can be an advantage when pursuing a career in law or medicine.

If you are able to sprinkle enough Latin words into your legal or medical analysis/diagnosis, you are halfway to your degree. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">