• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Car Dealership raising prices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yaboislimm32

Hi my car was towed yesterday here in Dallas Texas. I could not afford the $165 requested by the Towing company so I informed Karz Dealership in Garland Texas about what had happened. The then told me that they would go get the car but there would be a $250 fee. I then took my keys to the dealership. They said that they would go and recover the car from Long Horn Wreckers Service now they are telling me I have to pay $164 + $250= $414. I have never been late on a payment and my car note payment was coming up on Thursday. I don't feel its fare for them to overcharge me when I'm barley making it.

FlyingRon

You didn't explain why the car was towed. I suspect that nothing changed, but you misunderstood that the $250 charge for them to recover the vehicle from the tow yard didn't include paying off the towing bill.

pac72

how are they overcharging you ? they told you the amount for their fee , which you apparently agreed to ..they likely had to pay your tow bill which would be in addition to their fee..how does this relate to payment history ? did you perhaps ASK all the fees involved ?? im thinking no you didnt

yaboislimm32

Yes I asked what the complete price would be and would they add it towards my car note Thursday when I get paid. The lady in charge of my account said yes they would work with me. Then callled mentioning the $416+$175 (Car Note) I am a single mother barley making with a child.

yaboislimm32

how are they overcharging you ? they told you the amount for their fee , which you apparently agreed to ..they likely had to pay your tow bill which would be in addition to their fee..how does this relate to payment history ? did you perhaps ASK all the fees involved ?? im thinking no you didnt
Read my new message

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
$165 (yard fee) + $250 (fee for your lender to deal with your problem) is $415. Then, of course, you have to pay your regular note payment. I'm really not understanding what you think the dealer did wrong here...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your car payment would quite obviously be separate from the tow charge and the pick-up fee. I'm not sure why that isn't clear...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yes I asked what the complete price would be and would they add it towards my car note Thursday when I get paid.
I'm thinking OP thought this meant they would add the fee to the car note, as opposed to what she owed for the current payment.

ajkroy

OP, the dealership still did you a favor. Many tow yards charge fees per day while they store your vehicle.

I would call the dealership back and see if they are still willing to add in the additional fees to your payments.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would call the dealership back and see if they are still willing to add in the additional fees to your payments.
I don't think the dealership was ever willing to do that. Why? Because the payments are payable to the finance company, not the dealership. Of course, if this is a "buy here/pay here" dealer, then things could be different...

LdiJ

I don't think the dealership was ever willing to do that. Why? Because the payments are payable to the finance company, not the dealership. Of course, if this is a "buy here/pay here" dealer, then things could be different...
I think it has to be a buy here pay here dealer, because otherwise they would have been fully paid for the car by the finance company and would have no reason to care about preserving the collateral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">