• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Transfer Upon Death Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I don’t see the benefit of what you’re doing. Until you die, all your properties are subject to actions against you. Once you die, with tod deeds, they go to whomever is named as beneficiary and would have no need for protections to keep them separate from the other properties.

TrustUser

i am familiar with the form. if i cant get it done as part of the closing process, then i think i will just have it placed in my name, and leave it like that.

i dont mind a one-time inconvenience to place a lifetime property in a separate trust.

but doing it every 3 months, just in case i die accidentally - is more inconvenience than i am willing to do

thanks for the replies

TrustUser

i got notice of someone making a post, here. but nothing new. i guess it was an advertisement ?

in any case, trying to rehab properties was a dismal failure. i wont be doing any more.

it is only feasible if you have a crew who is beholding to you, and will work for ya, when needed

professional flippers have this, because the workers know that there is a "next job" waiting for them

i was gonna do one here and there - not enough to have any clout

way too much involvement

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
in any case, trying to rehab properties was a dismal failure. i wont be doing any more.
I've had several clients try to do just an occaisonal rehab and sale of an old house. They had similar issues as you described and on the whole what they got from the sale didn't make the time, effort and money spent on it worthwhile. There are certain things someone doing this kind of activity needs to know that the average homeowner doesn't know. I know just enough to know I'm not going to try to do one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">