• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

asylum seeking due to forced hospitalization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayrollHRGuy

You posted that back when there was a pretty good chance this all happened in the US. We don’t have any state run gay conversion centers in the US.

xylene

You posted that back when there was a pretty good chance this all happened in the US. We don’t have any state run gay conversion centers in the US.
OP stated they were seeking asylum options in Canada or America, so uh, kinda legitimately deduced they weren't there.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
No, I can't since it is salient to the OP's situation.
That's really a shame since it is quite possible to disagree with others and point out salient issues without making personal attacks. IMO it does not speak at all well of you to make personal attacks against others here simply because their views may differ from yours. You weren't attacked, so I see no justification for you to attack.

I want to know if they are having a real mental issue or subject to gay conversion therapy or some other messed up quackery about gender that you bible thumbers think should be legal here.
Then pursue asking about those relevant factors and explain why it matters rather than attacking people and calling them a a "blow hard" or "Bible thumper". It's actually not that hard to do. I don't want to hijack this thread any more on this topic, but if you want to pursue discussion of it, open a thread in the senior members forum or private message me and I'll be happy to discuss it further.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Let's face it. Most of you xtian HR types would be happy to see protections for sexual orientation and gender repealed and allowed to be openly punished. That's the literal face of the god you slavishly believe in. Oppresion for the gays. It's wrote down right in your slave manual. All the monotheistic faiths go in for that .
If you are including me in that then you clearly don't know me at all well and haven't truly paid attention to my posts in these forums.

As for what people of various religions believe, you appear have a very narrow and dare I say prejudicial view of them. It may surprise you to learn, for example, that a number of Christians do support equal treatment for gay and lesbian persons. Christians are not all the same, as you evidently want to see them. They in fact fight over these kinds of issues. I'll give you just one example. The Anglican Communion has gone through basically a separation over the issue of ordination of gay and lesbian clergy. The U.S. Episcopal Church, which is a part of the Anglican Communion, started ordaining gay and lesbian clergy, causing a revolt by the more traditional conservative churches, especially in Africa. In short, not all Christians share the same beliefs on everything, and that's true with most of the world's major religions..

Judging one simply by the name of the religion he or she practices is just as prejudicial as judging them by their race, sex, or other attribute. It's no different than calling all Muslims terrorists, for example. Instead, look at the beliefs and acts of the individual person.

In any event, you can do better than tossing out insults to those who have different beliefs than you do. I suggest you focus on the issues in the thread, not on attacking others. Insulting others is a mean thing to do and can be hurtful. Your posts suggest that you dislike others being mean and hurtful, so I'm baffled why you engage in that same kind of behavior.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Xylene, you are wrong. 100%, straight down the line, completely and totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">