• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kentucky landlord threatening visitor to have arrested if they come back to visit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolf051881

landlord is not letting my girlfriend visit me just because he doesn't like her and says were no good for each other, and she has never damaged any propery or anything like that. I have only a verbal lease with him and pay weekly cause I work for him. Does he have the right to do this.

quincy

landlord is not letting my girlfriend visit me just because he doesn't like her and says were no good for each other, and she has never damaged any propery or anything like that. I have only a verbal lease with him and pay weekly cause I work for him. Does he have the right to do this.
What sort of work do you do for the landlord? Are you provided a discounted rent?

Eekamouse

And what happened that your boss/landlord would have this opinion of your girlfriend and your's relationship? They didn't just arbitrarily make this decision. Something or several things occurred to get you to where you are now.

wolf051881

And what happened that your boss/landlord would have this opinion of your girlfriend and your's relationship? They didn't just arbitrarily make this decision. Something or several things occurred to get you to where you are now.
Yes we have alot of history but regardless nothing was done to the landlord

quincy

Based only on what you have said so far, it appears your employer/landlord can terminate your employment and he can give you notice to quit.

So ... if your landlord/employer does not like your girlfriend, you might have to make a choice between her and your job/rental unit.

bcr229

Sounds like you need to go visit your girlfriend at her place if you like your job and housing situation.

Eekamouse

Yes we have alot of history but regardless nothing was done to the landlord
No but has your landlord had to put up with a lot of childish drama from you two? Why subject him to that crap? I understand where he's coming from. Tell your girlfriend to stay away. People in crap relationships don't have the right to subject others to all their stupid dramatics and that sounds like what's been going on here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">