• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract job suspended for issue years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jttthomas

I recently started working for a contract agency in the medical field (government based) and I started my job to find out a permanent employee there is a former co-worker of mine from 4 years ago.
Long story short she sexually harassed my other coworkers and verbally harassed me and threatened me so I reported her to my HR, and she was eventually terminated.
At my new job she took it upon herself to report me to the company, and as a result I was asked to no longer report for work until further investigation.
If I am let go because of her report, do I have any sort of legal options to fight for my employment even though my contract is at-will?
I have done nothing to violate company policy or give any reason to be investigated for any issue other than the other employe having a conflict from a former job.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I recently started working for a contract agency in the medical field (government based) and I started my job to find out a permanent employee there is a former co-worker of mine from 4 years ago.
Long story short she sexually harassed my other coworkers and verbally harassed me and threatened me so I reported her to my HR, and she was eventually terminated.
At my new job she took it upon herself to report me to the company, and as a result I was asked to no longer report for work until further investigation.
If I am let go because of her report, do I have any sort of legal options to fight for my employment even though my contract is at-will?
I have done nothing to violate company policy or give any reason to be investigated for any issue other than the other employe having a conflict from a former job.
First question: What US State?

Second question: Reported you for what?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether or not it would be illegal to terminate you based on her complaint, no, it would not. You are free to take whatever measures the employer provides as policy, but it will not be a wrongful termination for which you can take legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">