• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received a camera speeding infraction (DMV ticket)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

=

Stop commenting on my thread. I've asked nicely. Thank you.
HighwayMan is right. The signs are posted throughout the District. And DC as a whole is considered a strict enforcement area - the traffic laws are strictly enforced for safety reasons.

Although what "most states" consider strict enforcement areas has no bearing on your DC ticket, strict enforcement areas are often those areas that have previously experienced a large number of accidents.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
... has a discretionary belief to "photo enforced" signage.
What, pray tell, is "discretionary belief"? That is not mentioned in the statute you cited.

Could I argue if there is no nearby photo enforcement sign, that it is necessary and appropriate, and improper according to this statue? Also, what classifies in most states of an area as "strict enforcement"?
There is no statutory requirement that signs be "nearby". That's ridiculous.

It doesn't matter what "most states" do, you're talking about the District of Columbia. If "strict enforcement" has an actual legal definition in a statute somewhere in the DC Code you'll have to find it yourself. Although the term is pretty self-explanatory.

mrmunchkins4

You don't get to dictate who responds to your thread. Highwayman is a valued member of this site and you should be Thanking him for taking the time to assist you.
I do not care if he is respected or not. I care about the input on my thread. Why thank someone after asking them not to post on my thread. It's just very odd and strange behavior that you continue to put time into someones thread after they've shown clear disinterest in you doing so, politely that is.
I do apperciate recent post though. I will do some research if there is a requirement for signs of photo enforcement to be nearby, but discretionary as in "where necessary and appriopate". I think you may be right about this. I believe all of DC is strict enforcement, as quincy said.

I think this argument is more of a moot one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">