• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado Arrears Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Waiting2Bpaid

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I am a pro se litigant. Emancipated child.

Respondent found in Contempt in 2011. Ordered to pay. Did not pay.

Respondent moved, no known address for service of process. I believe he has left the U.S. I know where he is going to be IN the U.S. at a specific time. Instead of filing new contempt. Can I file a motion to issue a warrant with cash bond for amount of arrears? If I dont have him arrested when he is in the U.S., I will not be able to collect outside of U.S. because Child Support agencies who can utilize reciprocal laws will not help because child is emancipated. Need to have him arrested in U.S. Has has the ability to pay and will do so in order to get out of jail.

Waiting2Bpaid

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I am a pro se litigant. Emancipated child.

Respondent found in Contempt in 2011. Ordered to pay. Did not pay.

Respondent moved, no known address for service of process. I believe he has left the U.S. I know where he is going to be IN the U.S. at a specific time. Instead of filing new contempt. Can I file a motion to issue a warrant with cash bond for amount of arrears? If I dont have him arrested when he is in the U.S., I will not be able to collect outside of U.S. because Child Support agencies who can utilize reciprocal laws will not help because child is emancipated. Need to have him arrested in U.S. Has has the ability to pay and will do so in order to get out of jail.
After rereading my post, I think I need to clarify that I am not the child. I am the other parent who is owed child support arrears. Arrears plus statutory interest are approximately $35,000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">