• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok that’s sound last good

Ok that sounds good. Thanks for the advice. Like I said the agent said our lease was garnished but the manager said that we still are on a lease. The reason they couldn’t give us anything because they said something about if we have apartment damages we could be held responsible. I just need them to give me an extra copy of my lease for some strange reason I can’t find it?
I think you mean some other word - not "garnished".

I know what garnished means, something to do with decorating or employment checks,debts, but, the way she said it I understood what she meant. There’s nothing I can do now, already said that I was staying so my questions are done. Thanks lol

FarmerJ

Hector many of the posters here are NOT Lawyers but do have experience with landlord tenant issues , Not only was I a renter for almost ten years but I bought property to use as rental for some time. SO know this some times property managers say things that are not true or possible Just so you know it is not possible for any one to get a judgment against another person with out a judge approving it and in your case management would have had to filed with the courts to sue you , you are supposed to get a summons or to be properly served notice of the civil suit that your named in and then the actual hearing where a judge has to find that the complaint is true and THEN once a landlord has a judgment its up to him/her to collect it and that's a whole other issue. SO a lot has to happen before a so called garnishment can even happen.

LindaP777

I don't think any of us understands when you say "lease was garnished". That's not a real thing. Explanation, please!
ALWAYS get it in writing if your landlord is allowing you to break your lease before you move!

Hector many of the posters here are NOT Lawyers but do have experience with landlord tenant issues , Not only was I a renter for almost ten years but I bought property to use as rental for some time. SO know this some times property managers say things that are not true or possible Just so you know it is not possible for any one to get a judgment against another person with out a judge approving it and in your case management would have had to filed with the courts to sue you , you are supposed to get a summons or to be properly served notice of the civil suit that your named in and then the actual hearing where a judge has to find that the complaint is true and THEN once a landlord has a judgment its up to him/her to collect it and that's a whole other issue. SO a lot has to happen before a so called garnishment can even happen.
I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">