• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over an hour of bashing my name via radio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect a counter suit. You sent a letter to a third party calling this guy a child molester.
actually never referred to him as a child molester. There is a sex offender married to a person find familiar with whom I was speaking of. So I do not fear a countersuit. But thank you 4 pointing that out to me..

quincy

actually never referred to him as a child molester. There is a sex offender married to a person find familiar with whom I was speaking of. So I do not fear a countersuit. But thank you 4 pointing that out to me..
Again, review it all with a lawyer in your area. If a countersuit seems a reasonable possibility based on all that has been said, the attorney will let you know. A countersuit, as a note, will increase the costs of an already expensive legal action.

This is not a referral site and none of the Attorney's that kindly volunteer their time here (none from Florida) troll for clients. You can contact your state bar assoc for a referral. But no attorney is going to take this case on contingency. You could do this in small claims and go Pro Se. Expect he will counter sue...and likely win.
I'm sorry I misunderstood. That's what I get for skimming through things. I see you stated that he will likely win I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't Prevail in any kind of suit against me. But I can see your point and I do value your opinion. You obviously don't have all the facts and I cannot give them all to you in a paragraph or two. I've always wanted to pursue paralegal studies all that might Misfortune of breast cancer took that away from me. I believe the law is fascinating and intriguing. I believe in the truth setting those accused free. I fought a very contentious divorce that I filed on my own. Come to find out legal aid and I had conflict of interest. So in order to remove myself from a very controlling environment I filed my divorce myself. Every answer or motion filed by me. In fact he took it to appeals court twice. I fought both of those and won both times. My ex-husband was actually incarcerated twice during the divorce in the middle of our divorce trial. I could not fight every aspect. I was unsure on the proper way to approach some issues but all in all through trial and error I don't think an attorney could have done better for me. I really have nothing to lose by filing suit against this particular broadcaster. Aside from the things he did to me, their radio broadcasts are extremely informative. I wish I could just ignore it but like I said I am fascinated and intrigued by the law and I am extremely curious how the law protects these type of victims. Thanks to all. I will post updates on progress if I do anything!! Wish u all well

quincy

I'm sorry I misunderstood. That's what I get for skimming through things. I see you stated that he will likely win I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't Prevail in any kind of suit against me. But I can see your point and I do value your opinion. You obviously don't have all the facts and I cannot give them all to you in a paragraph or two. I've always wanted to pursue paralegal studies all that might Misfortune of breast cancer took that away from me. I believe the law is fascinating and intriguing. I believe in the truth setting those accused free. I fought a very contentious divorce that I filed on my own. Come to find out legal aid and I had conflict of interest. So in order to remove myself from a very controlling environment I filed my divorce myself. Every answer or motion filed by me. In fact he took it to appeals court twice. I fought both of those and won both times. My ex-husband was actually incarcerated twice during the divorce in the middle of our divorce trial. I could not fight every aspect. I was unsure on the proper way to approach some issues but all in all through trial and error I don't think an attorney could have done better for me. I really have nothing to lose by filing suit against this particular broadcaster. Aside from the things he did to me, their radio broadcasts are extremely informative. I wish I could just ignore it but like I said I am fascinated and intrigued by the law and I am extremely curious how the law protects these type of victims. Thanks to all. I will post updates on progress if I do anything!! Wish u all well
Updates are always welcome.

bcr229

Famous attorney Louis Nizer has a quote in his autobiography "My Life in Court" that applies to your situation.

Think of the insult as if he had mud splashed on his suit. If you try to clean it away while it is fresh, you will just streak your clothes and the stain will be with you forever. But if you do nothing and wait until the mud dries, you could flick it off and it would leave no mark.

FWIW even though his book was written 1961, it's a good read for those interested in the law. I think you would enjoy it.

Otherwise, I see no reason for you to feel shame over the radio broadcast. You got out of an abusive relationship and beat cancer. Personally I think that rather than retaining an attorney, your money would be better spent on a therapist who can help you stop giving your ex rent-free space in your head so you can continue to heal.

Good luck.

quincy

Famous attorney Louis Nizer has a quote in his autobiography "My Life in Court" that applies to your situation.

Think of the insult as if he had mud splashed on his suit. If you try to clean it away while it is fresh, you will just streak your clothes and the stain will be with you forever. But if you do nothing and wait until the mud dries, you could flick it off and it would leave no mark.

FWIW even though his book was written 1961, it's a good read for those interested in the law. I think you would enjoy it.

Otherwise, I see no reason for you to feel shame over the radio broadcast. You got out of an abusive relationship and beat cancer. Personally I think that rather than retaining an attorney, your money would be better spent on a therapist who can help you stop giving your ex rent-free space in your head so you can continue to heal.

Good luck.
FlyingRon constantly posts that same Nizer quote. It is important to remember the time Nizer lived. Words did not have the reach they do now. The harm today can be greater than a simple mud splash because the words have the ability to reach a far greater audience.

Nizer is great - but that is one quote that I wish would be retired.

bcr229

FlyingRon constantly posts that same Nizer quote. It is important to remember the time Nizer lived. Words did not have the reach they do now. The harm today can be greater than a simple mud splash because the words have the ability to reach a far greater audience.

Nizer is great - but that is one quote that I wish would be retired.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I have had competitors take swipes at both me and my business in very blatant attempts to put me out of business, and remembering that quote has helped keep me from stooping to their level in a dirty mudfight.

Also OP - if your ex is truly a narcissist then he can't stand that you have left him. The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. If you sue him or the radio station owner then you are giving him attention and proving to him that you still care what he thinks about you, which is what he wants.

quincy

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I have had competitors take swipes at both me and my business in very blatant attempts to put me out of business, and remembering that quote has helped keep me from stooping to their level in a dirty mudfight.
If the quote helps you ignore insults, okay. I think those words of Nizer are not applicable to defamatory speech, however, and were probably smarter when said in the 1950s/1960s, before the widespread use of the internet.

Last edited:

commentator

Nizer and I agree, especially in the internet days, IMHO. A friend involved with dispatch and 911 said they see the number one reason for people calling 911 is because of someone disrespecting or bullying them on the internet! And if there's anything in the world we are seeing in this information overload age, it is that unlike back in the days when "if you see it in the (whatever newspaper) it's true!" was the accepted wisdom, we don't feel that way anymore.

And with all the news and information sources available to us nowdays, if we aren't interested, WE DON"T LISTEN. Unless you are a celebrity, have a large really intense group of dedicated followers, stalkers, paparazzi, no one wants to hear this defamatory podcast, or radio broadcast, or whatever it was. By the way, if he has any sort of access to real radio bandwidth such as a station, I really question his even getting to put up something this outrageously stupid as a long rant against someone else. And who would listen to it? Sure, people listen to the political ranters, but from my understanding, you're not a public figure of any kind. No one would get their ears tickled by hearing all this except someone really close to you. The general public is not going to be involved.

And I assure you, I wouldn't want to tune in and listen to this, people randomly surfing the airwaves aren't going to want to stop and listen to it, and I bet the attorneys you're going to go to aren't going to want to listen to it. It sounds unpleasant, like looking long and fixedly at a pile of dog poo, which not many people are ever going to want to do. And all in the world you are doing is jumping over and over back into this pile and spreading it around, keeping it fresh and making it smell worse. Sure, spend lots of time and money doing this instead of moving forward if you choose to, but don't forget to look around and see that you are the one broadcasting this slander now, not anyone else. As a fellow breast cancer survivor, congratulations on your victories in life. Revel in them. Get counseling to get you past the not so great times, and assume no one else is paying a lot of attention. There is an old saying that goes
Question: "Do you know what other people are thinking of you?
Answer: Not often.

Last edited:

quincy

One final note from me on Nizer and that oft-repeated quote: Nizer was an extraordinary trial attorney but many of the cases he/his firm took on - and from which he profited - were defamation cases that were NOT brushed off and ignored. Instead, Nizer pursued those who splattered mud on his clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">