• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nobody at my highschool wants to help me and i dont know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaxwellG

I'm in Oregon. Last year was my Senior year of Highschool and since i only had a couple classes left and my school is quite a distance from my house i decided to do online school at a school much closer to my house. I finished and passed my classes and thought i was ready to graduate but my counselor told me i need 0.5 a credit of P.E to pass so during the summer last year i did summer online PE classes. I did all my workouts and filled out and sent in my PE logs online. I never heard anything from my PE teacher but at the end of the class i assumed i passed and just kinda forgot about it thinking theyd send my diploma through the mail. Towards the end of summer i got an email asking if i wanted to re-enroll in PE classes. I explained over email to my counsler that i did all my logs and submitted them and she said that they didnt receive any logs but she would look in to it for me. A week or 2 pass and i dont hear anything from her so i email her and wait a few days and still nothing. i found out a few days later through an automated email that she was on maternity leave and would be gone for a while which i totally understand but she just kind of left me hanging. So i went down to the school and explained to this guy what was happening and he told me to leave him my phone number and he'd call in a few days when the PE teacher came in. i waited and nothing. about a year passes and now ive repeatedly emailed my counsler and it seems at this point shes just kind of ignoring me. I should've started college last year and was hoping to get this sorted out before this school year started but it's hard when your the only one trying.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One thing you need to learn is that, the bigger an entity is (especially a governmental entity), the more noise you have to make in order to be heard. From what you said above, in the last year you've made contact with them just a handful of times. You need to be on the phone with them (or even in person) at least once a week.

Another thing you need to learn is that there are going to be MANY things in your life for which you are the only one trying. People in the world tends to look out for themselves, and only look out for others when it's convenient. Not everyone...but enough.

MaxwellG

One thing you need to learn is that, the bigger an entity is (especially a governmental entity), the more noise you have to make in order to be heard. From what you said above, in the last year you've made contact with them just a handful of times. You need to be on the phone with them (or even in person) at least once a week.

Another thing you need to learn is that there are going to be MANY things in your life for which you are the only one trying. People in the world tends to look out for themselves, and only look out for others when it's convenient. Not everyone...but enough.
Whenever I call them them they dont answer and never call back. I'll try going down there more often though

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You need to be on the phone with them (or even in person) at least once a week.
I'd be there - live and in person - a few times a week. Like, every other day. Be annoying enough so they sort it out so as to get you out of their hair. Maybe even grease the rails the first time or two with a plate of cookies, box of donuts...

ETA: Just don't bring a silver hammer.... heh.

MaxwellG

I'd be there - live and in person - a few times a week. Like, every other day. Be annoying enough so they sort it out so as to get you out of their hair. Maybe even grease the rails the first time or two with a plate of cookies, box of donuts...

ETA: Just don't bring a silver hammer.... heh.
It's kind of messed up though right? My teachers have always been kind and very helping and supportive but at this new school it's like that just dont care about the students or maybe it's just me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's kind of messed up though right? My teachers have always been kind and very helping and supportive but at this new school it's like that just dont care about the students or maybe it's just me.
You are taking the class online - you are a nobody to them.

It's actually good for you to learn as early as possible in life that you are not special. You can rarely rely entirely on anyone to do anything for you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">