• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welch101

I went for child support and got counter sued their was drugs involved in both parts I was full-time mom never with out babies their 3 and 1 he was granted temporary custody and I only get 4 hrs once a week I have passed hair follicle and want more time with my girls he doesn't let me call even give me new address he moved in with a women he got pregnant I feel in my case money won I'm worried I will never get them back I haven't received any orders or paperwork his attorney just filled in court Oct is their a statue he has to file

Just Blue

I went for child support and got counter sued their was drugs involved in both parts I was full-time mom never with out babies their 3 and 1 he was granted temporary custody and I only get 4 hrs once a week I have passed hair follicle and want more time with my girls he doesn't let me call even give me new address he moved in with a women he got pregnant I feel in my case money won I'm worried I will never get them back I haven't received any orders or paperwork his attorney just filled in court Oct is their a statue he has to file
1. What state?
2. You say that you "were never without babies"...So you did drugs in front of the children? What kind of drugs?

Please, when you respond to my questions or the questions the other volunteers of this site may ask you, use punctuation. You opening post is hard to follow as written.

Welch101

1. What state? Tx
2. You say that you "were never without babies"...So you did drugs in front of the children? What kind of drugs?
No I didn't use in front of my children!! And it was meth their father and I had a past in it

Please, when you respond to my questions or the questions the other volunteers of this site may ask you, use punctuation. You opening post is hard to follow as written.

Welch101

Sterlii case is a very sad case, it is very unfortunate that baby had to go though that, I am not saying that what I did was right in anyway. My gilrs were very well taking care of feed, clothed,loved. I will say again "I KNOW I WAS WRONG"!! I have taken all the proper measurements to get better.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Sterling Koehn case is nothing like mine
Absolutely not , their was no use of drugs while I was pregnant.
Good.

My advice is to focus on staying clean, staying healthy, exercising whatever parenting time you have, and be patient.

Use the time away from your children to improve yourself - education/vocation.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sterlii case is a very sad case, it is very unfortunate that baby had to go though that, I am not saying that what I did was right in anyway. My gilrs were very well taking care of feed, clothed,loved. I will say again "I KNOW I WAS WRONG"!! I have taken all the proper measurements to get better.
You've been clean since May? How did you get clean? Were you in jail for any amount of that time? When is the final custody hearing? Are you attending NA? Did you attend treatment? 6 months is a very short time of being clean. VERY SHORT. You are most likely to relapse within the first year. Do you have an attorney?

You can't say if you were using Meth that your girls were very well cared for... were they up to date on all their shots? Were they the center of your attention (that is no because you were using drugs and the drug was)? Have they met all of their developmental benchmarks?

File in court and ask the court for more time and ask the court to make him reveal his address to you.

Welch101

YES,!!! I've been clean since may. How did I get clean I STOPPED USING. No jail. I'm. It sure she the next court date is his att barley filled paper work. I didn't have to go to treatment or take classes 6 months may be a short time but the point is I'm clean when u want something so bad you'll do what ever is called for. It's very funny you should ask because my daughter were well talking care healthy as can be never miss a doctor's appointment for them my ex's was a dentist they are above their development benchmarks. center of attention yes they were.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
YES,!!! I've been clean since may. How did I get clean I STOPPED USING. No jail. I'm. It sure she the next court date is his att barley filled paper work. I didn't have to go to treatment or take classes 6 months may be a short time but the point is I'm clean when u want something so bad you'll do what ever is called for. It's very funny you should ask because my daughter were well talking care healthy as can be never miss a doctor's appointment for them my ex's was a dentist they are above their development benchmarks. center of attention yes they were.
Keep up the good work of staying clean.

It takes time and patience to convince people that you are staying clean. 6 months is not enough time.

Use the time you don't have with your kids wisely. Read parenting books, take a parenting class. If you did not finish high school, work on getting your GED. If you already have the job of your dreams, take up a hobby.

commentator

Did we ever get a state here? Never mind. The person who's not in support groups, cannot show the court something like the 90 meetings in 90 days, who is perfectly sure and confident, even defensive of her extended forever sobriety at six months out, plus refuses to admit she's really ever had a problem or ever did not put her children first is a walking advertisement for "will not impress the court" whatever the state. This order is very recently given, was only put in in October, hasn't really started with the 4 hours visitation yet, is this correct? And you cannot find out his number to work out the visitation?

Lay some track of your doing productive things while you do not have the children. Such as was mentioned, get your GED if you do not have it, do some job training if you do, don't count on ever getting to be a "stay at home mom" again. And get in a good NA or addictions meeting, get a sponsor, listen to what they suggest. Practice humility. And when the time comes for you to go to court have your close supportive family help you get an attorney to represent you. Pretend this is ten years from now, and you have traveled back in time and gotten a "do over" of this time right now. Do it right. Best of wishes for your success. Even if it was all about the money before, which it usually, really isn't, you can get another chance if you do it right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">