• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Progressive Insurance 5000 per Accident liability claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

And a collection agency may turn out not to be very effective since the only weapon it has is the power of annoyance.
Not to belabor the point (OK. yes, I'll belabor the point. LOL) - like the Spanish Inquisition, a collection agency's chief weapons are surprise and fear.

:D

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Not to belabor the point (OK. yes, I'll belabor the point. LOL) - like the Spanish Inquisition, a collection agency's chief weapons are surprise and fear.
Not so. The Spanish Inquisition's chief weapons was its power to arrest, torture, and kill those the inquisitors thought to be heretics. Of course that power did also create fear, but that fear was based on real brutality. A collection agency's only weapons are continual harassment by phone calls and dunning letters. That certainly creates aggravation and annoyance, but not so much actual fear.

quincy

Not so. The Spanish Inquisition's chief weapons was its power to arrest, torture, and kill those the inquisitors thought to be heretics. Of course that power did also create fear, but that fear was based on real brutality. A collection agency's only weapons are continual harassment by phone calls and dunning letters. That certainly creates aggravation and annoyance, but not so much actual fear.
I believe adjusterjack and HighwayMan were referencing the sketches from Monty Python’s “Flying Circus.”

adjusterjack

And the terrifying torture devices used against a woman accused of heresy on three counts - heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action - uh, four counts:

The rack (a dish rack).
Soft cushions.
The comfy chair.

ALawyer

I agree with Taxing Matters.

While the driver getting out of his car and then back into it and hitting your car clearly sounds as if it's 2 separate accidents, if the driver's insurer continues to deny the claim when dealing with you, your recourse is to either sue the driver who hit you (and as it's in California you can likely sue in Small Claims Court for up to $10,000) or report it to your own collision carrier, initially absorb the deductible, and let your insurer argue with the other driver's insurer. The other driver's insurer will probably then conclude (as it should have done for you) that it was 2 accidents and pay your insurer which will reimburse your deductible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">