• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 14 yr old son expelled indefintly from all schools in. The state of Nevada , is that even leagal ? Do i have a case of discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Vice princiable apparently felt threatened would providing yiunwith the case number be more benifical
You don’t need to give us a case number. You need to consult with a lawyer in your area of Nevada, though.

It sounds as if more happened in the school office or with your son than you are aware happened.

Dank101

You don’t need to give us a case number. You need to consult with a lawyer in your area of Nevada, though.

It sounds as if more happened in the school office or with your son than you are aware happened.
Can't find a lawyer that will go against Lyon county

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Are you posting from a phone? They tend to garble stuff.

So - how did you find out about the outbursts? What was their nature? What did you do in response?

Dank101

Are you posting from a phone? They tend to garble stuff. Yes I found out avmbout the outburst when camous police briught him home officer saud gmge was very respectful and calm just haven a bad day

So - how did you find out about the outbursts? What was their nature? What did you do in response?
I found

FlyingRon

You need to tell us what the actual charge is. Understand that you don't need to touch someone to assault them. Assault is the threat of violence. If that's what you mean by "stand aggressively" yes he can be expelled and even convicted criminally for that.

If your student is receiving special ed services, there are special procedures that would have needed to be followed.

In any event, there are attorneys that specialize in this sort of thing. They can take an informed and dispassionate review of the facts and advise of the best course of action.

commentator

There are certain children, at a fairly young age, and heaven knows there are all sorts, sizes and shapes of 14 year olds, who become such a problem to the schools that they simply cannot be disciplined and dealt with within the scope of the normal public school situation. And in my experience this is a very large scope with some very far ranging alternatives. So he is also banned from any school or any sort of alternative programs in the whole county?

I have known of children who have actually carried in weapons or fought with teachers and resource officers who didn't get this much of a total expulsion. It could just be this particular school system. But from the sound of things, we are getting an extremely spotty and sanitized version of this. I really doubt that your 14 year old said anything like, "Please remove yourself from my personal space at once, sir." And when we hear that you "can't find an attorney that will go against Lyon County" that is an indicator that others who have heard this story may have found it convincing enough that Lyon County is within its rights to ban your son. Of course you can always check with more attorneys.

Is it possible your son was making "shoot up the school" type threats, in addition to "standing aggressively?" Instead of fighting against the ban, wanting to demand services for your son from anyone unwilling to provide them, I think perhaps you should use your resources to explore homeschool options and more professional counseling for your son. When you say he has become very "co dependent" I would ask, co dependent upon whom? If he is clinging to you he is obviously needing more help with his issues. It's doubtful that being banned from the school has caused these issues though it may have worsened them. If it is someone outside the family, you need to help him find distance from this influence.

Last edited:

Dank101

There are certain children, at a fairly young age, and heaven knows there are all sorts, sizes and shapes of 14 year olds, who become such a problem to the schools that they simply cannot be disciplined and dealt with within the scope of the normal public school situation. And in my experience this is a very large scope with some very far ranging alternatives. So he is also banned from any school or any sort of alternative programs in the whole county?

I have known of children who have actually carried in weapons or fought with teachers and resource officers who didn't get this much of a total expulsion. It could just be this particular school system. But from the sound of things, we are getting an extremely spotty and sanitized version of this. I really doubt that your 14 year old said anything like, "Please remove yourself from my personal space at once, sir." And when we hear that you "can't find an attorney that will go against Lyon County" that is an indicator that others who have heard this story may have found it convincing enough that Lyon County is within its rights to ban your son. Of course you can always check with more attorneys.

Is it possible your son was making "shoot up the school" type threats, in addition to "standing aggressively?" Instead of fighting against the ban, wanting to demand services for your son from anyone unwilling to provide them, I think perhaps you should use your resources to explore homeschool options and more professional counseling for your son. When you say he has become very "co dependent" I would ask, co dependent upon whom? If he is clinging to you he is obviously needing more help with his issues. It's doubtful that being banned from the school has caused these issues though it may have worsened them. If it is someone outside the family, you need to help him find distance from this influence.
Yes very co dependent on jis girlfriend I havnt been able to find an Attorney because they all say they represent lyon county we have exhausted all other alternatives this is an extremely harsh consequence not condoning my son being argumentative as well as talk bad about where VP went to college cant affors homeschool or online school
When the judge found him guilty of standing aggresivly she was a bit perplexed due to the the first two cases hears in court. Were much more troublesome and violent in which studens recieved a 90 suspension one was for beating a kid uconscious and the other guy a teacher

Dank101

Yes very co dependent on jis girlfriend I havnt been able to find an Attorney because they all say they represent lyon county we have exhausted all other alternatives this is an extremely harsh consequence not condoning my son being argumentative as well as talk bad about where VP went to college cant affors homeschool or online school
When the judge found him guilty of standing aggresivly she was a bit perplexed due to the the first two cases hears in court. Were much more troublesome and violent in which studens recieved a 90 suspension one was for beating a kid uconscious and the other guy a teacher
My son hass beeb an A-B HONOR roll student before all of this

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">