• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my kids father leave for basic training without my knowledge and not include me in his family plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I do not agree with you and it seems like most of the others do not agree with you either.
The OP has had two nights of missed visitation. That is a fact. Should this be acted upon? Definitely. Does it call for histrionics and pleas for emergency action by the courts? Not so much.

LdiJ

How does that represent a threat of immediate harm to the children?
You think that 5 and 6 year olds being separated from both parents, for a very extended amount of time is not harmful to children?:(

I think that you misunderstand the scope of the SCRA.
No, I understand it quite well. I think perhaps that you do not quite understand it.

LdiJ

OP do press on with your emergency actions. Please don't let the personal opinion of one poster on this forum discourage you.

atms256

I missed that (twice, obviously).
I don't know how the OP knows they moved in the last two days...
They were all staying with his father thats where I pick them up from when they get off the bus. And they've moved to their own place before he left for basics & thanks to social media as to how i know this. And I didnt mind to know where they moved to because I was seeing my kids at the bus stop every Monday thru Friday.

bcr229

Something else you need to consider: after basic training is over in a few months, your ex can be posted anywhere in the US or even overseas. Depending on where he goes, he will be permitted to take his family with him. If your custody agreement doesn't cover the eventuality of one parent moving away then you need to find an attorney ASAP who can help you address that.

t74

Something else you need to consider: after basic training is over in a few months, your ex can be posted anywhere in the US or even overseas. Depending on where he goes, he will be permitted to take his family with him. If your custody agreement doesn't cover the eventuality of one parent moving away then you need to find an attorney ASAP who can help you address that.

I am glad someone pointed this out as I was about to post the same thought. I recall several discussions on this forum on the same issue that OP might want to look for.

atms256

So he can be relocated if he’s only doing the reserve for Army national guard?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">