• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California another Street sweeper question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?California I just want to know if this is unethical meter maid procedures. I pulled over for an emergency vehicle for less than three minutes car running never got out and the meter maid sent me a ticket in the mail a month later .can I fight this or not ? should I not pull over for emergency vehicles anymore on street sweeper day? I’m thinking this may be some sort of a gray area and I don’t want to go down to their office and look like an idiot, I’d like to have a little background on it if I can ,legally speaking .thank you.
I appreciate the statutes that you offered after reading the fine print on the disclaimer of this website in the process of answering and asking the questions I’ve already wasted far too much Time on this matter So I’m writing a check for the amount of $60 to the city I just hope I don’t accidentally lose a box of nails off the back of my work truck into the gutter on the next street sweeper day that sure would be a shame If the meter maid got a flat tire or two . If you can’t beat them join them I really can’t wait to move out of this city you probably get lots of complaints over this they’re out of control here with the stupid meter maids. Because it really is about fleecing down the citizens and it’s not right many of these cities around here their officials have been going to jail for stealing funds hopefully the bus these people to wish I had the time and the effort to help. But I’m fed up with this sanctuary city It’s really risen to a new low in the 50 years I’ve been here the whole state for that fact

Last edited:

Just Blue

I appreciate the statutes that you offered after reading the fine print on the disclaimer of this website in the process of answering and asking the questions I’ve already wasted far too much time on this matterAnd I just might lose a box of nails off the back of my work truck into the gutter on street sweeper day purely coincidental thanks for your
Charming. I'm sure the dozens of non-street sweeper drivers will be oh so grateful for their blown tires due to your petulant action. Or perhaps the nails will cause injury to a cat, dog or child that steps on it.

quincy

I appreciate the statutes that you offered after reading the fine print on the disclaimer of this website in the process of answering and asking the questions I’ve already wasted far too much Time on this matter So I’m writing a check for the amount of $60 to the city I just hope I don’t accidentally lose a box of nails off the back of my work truck into the gutter on the next street sweeper day that sure would be a shame If the meter maid got a flat tire or two . If you can’t beat them join them I really can’t wait to move out of this city you probably get lots of complaints over this they’re out of control here with the stupid meter maids. Because it really is about fleecing down the citizens and it’s not right many of these cities around here their officials have been going to jail for stealing funds hopefully the bus these people to wish I had the time and the effort to help. But I’m fed up with this sanctuary city It’s really risen to a new low in the 50 years I’ve been here the whole state for that fact
It is certainly easiest to just pay the ticket. There is no guarantee your ticket would be dismissed anyway.

I would nix the idea of nails.

It is certainly easiest to just pay the ticket. There is no guarantee your ticket would be dismissed anyway.

I would nix the idea of nails.
Hey if it accidentally falls off my truck what can I do it’s not my fault maybe I should’ve stop to fix it but I didn’t wanna get a ticket and it fell offThanks for your help I know it’s for free so you can’t expect too much

FlyingRon

Understand that it's not the street sweepers who are fining you. They just have a parasitic enforcement action attached to their vehicles. They're just trying to get the streets clean. Your hostility should be directed toward the city parking department or whomever is actually issuing the tickets.

Eekamouse

Hey if it accidentally falls off my truck what can I do it’s not my fault maybe I should’ve stop to fix it but I didn’t wanna get a ticket and it fell offThanks for your help I know it’s for free so you can’t expect too much
I'm kind of glad you got the ticket if it means you'll leave this state. Don't need any vindictive, petty jerks roaming around tossing boxes of nails out of their vehicles just because they had to pay a ticket they got.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The appeals process I've seen for California tickets (limited to two or three jurisdictions) is that you can write out your initial appeal and send it in along with payment. If you win, the payment is returned. If you lose, the payment is kept. There's no down-side to writing out your story (politely) and sending it in.

If nails fall off the back of your truck, you can be cited for failure to secure your load. (I know what you meant, though.) Don't be a jerk.

What is the name of your state?California I just want to know if this is unethical meter maid procedures. I pulled over for an emergency vehicle for less than three minutes car running never got out and the meter maid sent me a ticket in the mail a month later .can I fight this or not ? should I not pull over for emergency vehicles anymore on street sweeper day? I’m thinking this may be some sort of a gray area and I don’t want to go down to their office and look like an idiot, I’d like to have a little background on it if I can ,legally speaking .thank you.
Excuse my ignorance, but having lived in the UK, Europe and many states in the US every parking ticket I have ever seen or received was a paper one stuck under the windscreen wiper blade.
How does California differ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Excuse my ignorance, but having lived in the UK, Europe and many states in the US every parking ticket I have ever seen or received was a paper one stuck under the windscreen wiper blade.
If one drives off before the ticket can be placed on the vehicle, it can be mailed to the registered owner. That happens just about anywhere.

zddoodah

The last ticket I got (which was in California and for the same thing as the OP) was in paper form and stuck under my windshield wiper. The OP explained that he/she received his/her ticket in the mail. Presumably that happened because the OP's vehicle was stopped only temporarily, and the person who wrote the ticket (to whom the OP has sardonically referred as a "meter maid") didn't have an opportunity to put it under the OP's wiper.

The last ticket I got (which was in California and for the same thing as the OP) was in paper form and stuck under my windshield wiper. The OP explained that he/she received his/her ticket in the mail. Presumably that happened because the OP's vehicle was stopped only temporarily, and the person who wrote the ticket (to whom the OP has sardonically referred as a "meter maid") didn't have an opportunity to put it under the OP's wiper.
He was stopped for 3 minutes, and I've seen them write and slap the ticket on in under 30 seconds in London, or towed in about 3 minutes ;)
[link removed]

If one drives off before the ticket can be placed on the vehicle, it can be mailed to the registered owner. That happens just about anywhere.
If the parking warden is writing the ticket and the car drives off, yes, but the OP says nothing about seeing the warden writing the ticket. Everywhere I've been the warden will only start writing the ticket when they are standing next to the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">