• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Non Reneval

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I understand that.

What about me? Could I smoke for medical reasons?
What does your lease state regarding drug use/activity? Every lease I have ever had in my 37 years as a tenant has a clause that no illegal drugs (under state or federal law) were to be on used or on the premises.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What about me? Could I smoke for medical reasons?
Do you have a qualifying condition that would make you eligible for medical marijuana? If the answer is no then you cannot smoke or otherwise possess marijuana or consume it. Medical marijuana laws are meant to allow for treatment of real medical conditions, not a way to get around the prohibition against possession of marijuana for people who just want to use it for fun.

As for whether you can smoke it in your apartment if you do qualify for medical marijuana, the answer appears to be that you cannot do that if your lease prohibits it. Note that the lease prohibiting smoking would not stand in the way of you using marijuana via edibles or some other way that does not involve smoking. The problem with any kind of smoke is that it fouls interior spaces and leaves behind a smell in the unit even after the smokers leave that most non smokers find objectionable, making that unit much harder to lease. That's why many landlords prohibit any kind of smoking in the places they lease.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Honestly: No.
If we are talking about Medical Marijuana, can the landlord interfere with someone's treatment??
You honestly were unaware that smoking, whether it be tobacco or marijuana, causes damage?!

It's tough to get the strench out. You may have to pay for "damages" when they attempt to remove the odor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">