• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i go about getting my sister out of a skilled nurseing facility after a stroke when her daughter wants to leave her there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kcrose

I wish my niece would understand that an old folks home is doing. Any.ore than we could and brenda would be happy and around people that love her it wont be easy but she is my sister we are very close and I love her

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wish my niece would understand that an old folks home is doing. Any.ore than we could and brenda would be happy and around people that love her it wont be easy but she is my sister we are very close and I love her
I don't believe that anyone here doubts that you truly love your sister. Unfortunately, love alone doesn't make you able to care for a disabled person.

Kcrose

No the stroke affected her rt side arm and leg but her face doesnt sag she recognizes and speech was affected though she says some things yesterday she sang Happy Birthday song

Kcrose

No the stroke affected her rt side arm and leg but her face doesnt sag she recognizes and speech was affected though she says some things yesterday she sang Happy Birthday song
She would benefit more and be not so depressed if she came home

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's more to recovery than not being depressed.

Are you, personally, able to provide her with the same level of medical care she receives where she is?

Kcrose

If it were your sister would you leave her there and watch her cry to come home wouldn't you try to help her ? I think you would

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, realistically, you are talking about a lady who has suffered a stroke that has caused her to be immobile and to have very limited speech capabilities. Please take the time to seriously evaluate your capability to care for your sister.

Kcrose

She went there on hospice they were not even going to play e a feeding tube I gave her a sucker and realized she could swallow that made my niece mad she has survived hospice were 4 months down the road they do very little for her no vitals no appts but quick to give her morphine which must make any form of therapy hard

Kcrose

She went there on hospice they were not even going to play e a feeding tube I gave her a sucker and realized she could swallow that made my niece mad she has survived hospice were 4 months down the road they do very little for her no vitals no appts but quick to give her morphine which must make any form of therapy hard
Everything I say you shoot me down I realize it wouldnt be easy I'm willing to take some classes what ever I have to do otherwise she will stay there till she dies that's not going to happen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">