• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MOTELS IN MISSOURI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Stop by on your way through. But don't come right away - Maine has pretty strict laws about self-quarantining these days.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Quincy said he wanted to visit Maine. I told him to stop and visit me if he did, but not to come immediately - Maine still has very strict regulations about out of staters and quarantines. I just had to cancel a reservation I've had for months.

FarmerJ

This one sort of makes me wonder what my state has to say as far as legal definitions and motel-hotel vs landlord tenant. Over the years I have seen so many older motels end up doing longer term rental only because they couldn't get any occupants any other way or would not survive with out longer term rentals and many of those were places built in the so called motel golden years when big chain operators didn't exist. Even in the town where my regular full time position it has seen one motel operator sell out and now its a Lil general gas and conv store and the other had been closed a few years due to owners wife being ill and advanced age and it was sold to become ( privately owned ) long term Pine Technical student housing. ( down in the twin cities area there are SO many of what were once mom and pop operated motels where the majority of the customers are all longer term residents or county paid for shelter clients) Anyway OP just so you know you may want to look into local ordinances to see if your city or county has addressed this kind of housing if your state has not.

quincy

This one sort of makes me wonder what my state has to say as far as legal definitions and motel-hotel vs landlord tenant. Over the years I have seen so many older motels end up doing longer term rental only because they couldn't get any occupants any other way or would not survive with out longer term rentals and many of those were places built in the so called motel golden years when big chain operators didn't exist. Even in the town where my regular full time position it has seen one motel operator sell out and now its a Lil general gas and conv store and the other had been closed a few years due to owners wife being ill and advanced age and it was sold to become ( privately owned ) long term Pine Technical student housing. ( down in the twin cities area there are SO many of what were once mom and pop operated motels where the majority of the customers are all longer term residents or county paid for shelter clients) Anyway OP just so you know you may want to look into local ordinances to see if your city or county has addressed this kind of housing if your state has not.
There are several old motels and hotels scattered throughout the country that have been converted to weekly rentals for low-income residents.

In Missouri, “lodging establishments” include hotels, motels, apartment hotels, tourist courts ... and the occupants can be transient (staying less than 31 days) or permanent (over 30 days). If considered permanent, landlord/tenant laws can apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">