• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Would One Avoid All Copyright Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't live in the US but I'm from the US. I want to have a site that allows people to translate books in copyright into all languages. How would I avoid any copyright law and getting sued?

quincy

I don't live in the US but I'm from the US. I want to have a site that allows people to translate books in copyright into all languages. How would I avoid any copyright law and getting sued?
The only way to avoid copyright infringement and avoid getting sued by copyright holders is to get permission from the rights-holders to translate their works.

Translating copyright-protected material is an exclusive right of the copyright holder (with a few exceptions and possibly depending on where in the world you are located).

The only way to avoid copyright infringement and avoid getting sued by copyright holders is to get permission from the rights-holders to translate their works.

Translating copyright-protected material is an exclusive right of the copyright holder (with a few exceptions and possibly depending on where in the world you are located).

I'm not going to get permission. I've already tried that and waited from 6 months to 2+ years. It's nonsense. There are 3 countries that exist that don't seem to care about copyright. Such as Eritrea, Turkmenistan and San Marino.

Thanks for replying with such quickness.

quincy

I'm not going to get permission. I've already tried that and waited from 6 months to 2+ years. It's nonsense. There are 3 countries that exist that don't seem to care about copyright. Such as Eritrea, Turkmenistan and San Marino.

Thanks for replying with such quickness.
I thought you wanted to avoid being sued for copyright infringement.

If you don’t want to acquire permission because it takes too much time, then you risk becoming a defendant in future costly lawsuits.

Your choice, I guess.

I thought you wanted to avoid being sued for copyright infringement.

If you don’t want to acquire permission because it takes too much time, then you risk becoming a defendant in future costly lawsuits.

Your choice, I guess.
I tried to do it the nice good guy way. I want to translate over 100k books into all languages. Waiting 2 or more years just on 1 book defeats th purpose of asking if they deliberately take hears to reply to an email. If I put my company there would it be impossible for the most part to sue me?

Waiting 2 years per book * 100k books is 200k years and I'm not 12 years old. I also don't have 200k years to waste with companies that don't have contact forms or respond in a reasonable time frame.

quincy

I tried to do it the nice good guy way. I want to translate over 100k books into all languages. Waiting 2 or more years just on 1 book defeats th purpose of asking if they deliberately take hears to reply to an email. If I put my company there would it be impossible for the most part to sue me?
Why do you want to translate 100k books into all languages?

There is no legally safe or easy way to do what you want to do without permission from the rights-holders - unless all of the 100k books you want to translate are in the public domain.

https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf

Why do you want to translate 100k books into all languages?

There is no legally safe or easy way to do what you want to do without permission from the rights-holders - unless all of the 100k books you want to translate are in the public domain.

https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf
I don't see why the reason for me wanting to do something against pieces of paper is important. I understand the law, I don't care about them. Everywhere I ask this the answer seems to come down to not answering the question of how to avoid copyright all together. Other than wait thousands of years and get permission when we all know they'll never give permission. Why else would they take years to not respond? I don't have millions of dollars to hand them. If you don't have money they'll just never reply.

By having a company in Eritrea, Turkmenistan or San Marino it still doesn't make it impossible or harder for the companies to sue me for copyright infringement?

quincy

I don't see why the reason for me wanting to do something against pieces of paper is important. I understand the law, I don't care about them. Everywhere I ask this the answer seems to come down to not answering the question of how to avoid copyright all together. Other than wait thousands of years and get permission when we all know they'll never give permission. Why else would they take years to not respond? I don't have millions of dollars to hand them. If you don't have money they'll just never reply.

By having a company in Eritrea, Turkmenistan or San Marino it still doesn't make it impossible or harder for the companies to sue me for copyright infringement?

[link removed]
The “pieces of paper” have words that were written by people who own those words.

That you don’t care about the copyrights held by others does not make these rights disappear. If you use the material without permission, you risk getting sued.

Your post was reported for moderator review. Links to anything but government websites, .edu sites and some .org sites are generally not permitted on this forum.

The “pieces of paper” have words that were written by people who own those words.

That you don’t care about the copyrights held by others does not make these rights disappear. If you use the material without permission, you risk getting sued.

Your post was reported for moderator review. Links to anything but government websites, .edu sites and some .org sites are generally not permitted on this forum.
No one answered my question. I don't care about the copyright law and neither do a couple countries. For a forum named Free Advice there isn't much given.

How can I avoid copyright law?

You can't bro. You need to follow the law because it's the law and stuff. If you don't you'll get sued.

What about these countries, They don't seem to care about copyright law?

Doesn't matter bro. You need to follow the law and stuff because it's a year and it's a law and thanks for asking questions but we'll just avoid answering your question because copyright is a law guy.

quincy

No one answered my question. I don't care about the copyright law and neither do a couple countries. For a forum named Free Advice there isn't much given
You asked a question and I answered it. For free. It is not my problem that you don’t especially like the (legal) answer.

If you ignore the law, then there can be consequences. These consequences can be costly.

You asked a question and I answered it. For free. It is not my problem that you don’t especially like the (legal) answer.

If you ignore the law, then there can be consequences. These consequences can be costly.
I'm not looking for the legal answer. I'm looking to infringe on copyright. This is the part you don't seem to get. You're not giving legal advice, you're literally going out generic advice that I can find on thousands of law firms.

I'm literally looking to break the law because it's a dumb law. I guess you never jaywalk because it's a law and not just a piece of paper.

quincy

I'm not looking for the legal answer. I'm looking to infringe on copyright. This is the part you don't seem to get. You're not giving legal advice, you're literally going out generic advice that I can find on thousands of law firms.

I'm literally looking to break the law because it's a dumb law. I guess you never jaywalk because it's a law and not just a piece of paper.
Oh. You WANT to break the law. Well, we don’t encourage that on this forum. We tell you what the law is and what you do with that information is up to you.

Oh. You WANT to break the law. Well, we don’t encourage that on this forum. We tell you what the law is and what you do with that information is up to you.
Not really advice to not break the law. Most people on this forum have broken the law. What's the difference? I intend to knowingly break the law, they've already broken the law. Not that different. Seems with that method of thinking you probably shouldn't have a forum because people constantly break the law and breaking the law is bad and people shouldn't do it and we should all follow pieces of paper that have words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">