• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have any hope of lawfully staying in this rental unit without making a mess of my TRW report?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

Actually my title is in question format
Fair enough. I have no idea what a "TRW report" is, but if the owner wants you out, he'll get you out. It's just a matter of time. As far as I can tell from a quick Google search, there is no eviction moratorium in place in SB County, except for the statewide moratorium that relates to evictions resulting from a COVID-related hardship. As far as I can tell, that doesn't apply to your situation.

whowetalkinbout

Have you tried discussing this with the landlord? You won't be able to pay the subsidized rental amount but perhaps the landlord would be willing to give you a lease?
The owner has a contract with a property management outfit. They call and there is also another house on this lot, gated all the way around. She is friends with the owner, I guess...whome lives a block and a half up the this street.
I am told I do not have option to draw up a new lease. The owner wants to live here. But the owner had a lease that still has another 8-9 months to it.. so I do not know anything about what who what wants who how...all heresy because it comes over the phone.
I do not want to find myself risking an eviction, either. It isnt easy to get into a new place if I am not quarantined...let alone damaged like I am now...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The owner has a contract with a property management outfit. They call and there is also another house on this lot, gated all the way around. She is friends with the owner, I guess...whome lives a block and a half up the this street.
I am told I do not have option to draw up a new lease. The owner wants to live here. But the owner had a lease that still has another 8-9 months to it.. so I do not know anything about what who what wants who how...all heresy because it comes over the phone.
I do not want to find myself risking an eviction, either. It isnt easy to get into a new place if I am not quarantined...let alone damaged like I am now...
The lease with the now-deceased tenant is irrelevant.

PayrollHRGuy

Somehow, I put zippie at >36. By 18, I knew what a credit score/report was, as well as where it came from... (TRW)
Maybe he is well over 36 and is forgetful. It took me a second to remember that TRW used to be a credit reporting agency and I haven't heard the term TRW report in a loooong time.

FarmerJ

Some old names live on in memory think SNL when Lily Tomlin did Phone company ( Ma bell) spoof ads including the one where she shut off the eastern seaboard with one switch LOL

Eekamouse

You don't have a lease. Your friend did. You essentially are a squatter if you refuse to move out and they can and will evict you. I don't understand what you mean when you say you are "damaged like you are now." What are you referring to? Why will it be hard for you to get into a new place? You were only paying half the utilities, you said, so you should have money saved that would have went to rent if you were in your own place.

whowetalkinbout

I
You don't have a lease. Your friend did. You essentially are a squatter if you refuse to move out and they can and will evict you. I don't understand what you mean when you say you are "damaged like you are now." What are you referring to? Why will it be hard for you to get into a new place? You were only paying half the utilities, you said, so you should have money saved that would have went to rent if you were in your own place.
The authorities told me not to go out and mingle with anyone, not to answer my door to people not aware that I have likely been exposed to covid, as my roommate just died, she was hospitalized in February for COPD and pneumonia, ICU for 3 weeks...so there is question until the coroner releases his report on cause of death. This made me feel like I was a problem outside of my house...damaged. I paid her utilities, mostly in whole, but she already established herself...utility companies will require deposits to start fresh.
And if o was told to self quarantine, both my son and I, how am I going to run around turning in applications?

whowetalkinbout

", so you should have money saved that would have went to rent if you were in your own place."

Yeah, well, what I should have and what o have are not so....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">